Friday, June 8, 2012

So Many TREATS!

Ever since I told the whole world that I'm not eating sugar it got a lot easier.  I was just mixing a batch of chocolate chip cookies and didn't take a lick.  My daughter saw me toss a small piece of dough in the sink and was shocked.  Then she realized I'm a nonsugaric again.

Last night when the kids were in bed I was REALLY craving a treat.  I thought about opening the chocolate chips and having a few.  I thought about having some grape juice, but then I realized I got a lame kind that wasn't 100% juice (I'm still getting used to grocery shopping in the States).  I thought about having a piece of bread with nonsugaric jam, but . . . . . I knew I was on the verge of getting heartburn so I just told myself that what I needed wasn't food.  I got busy knitting, which to me is a super treat.  I just can't get enough of it.  Plus, going to sleep with no heartburn was a REAL TREAT!

I'm knitting a blanket for Super Jack.  We realized Sweets and BD and even Bumbles had a special blanket, but Super Jack didn't.  So Sweets, BD and I are knitting him one.  It is going to be really cute.  We have to knit 48 squares and we have completed 14 with a 15th on the way.  That only took us a week.

One little note, you may be wondering why on earth I would be baking chocolate chip cookies when I'm trying to avoid sugar.  I'll tell you.  Since I last posted regularly my family has decided to have two junk days a week.  We don't call them treat days because they really aren't a treat to anything, but your tongue.  I want the kids to know that it is just junk.  So we have junk on Wednesdays and Saturdays.  My baby sister just had her first baby and I'm planning to go spend the day with them tomorrow so I had to make the junk today so it would be here for the kids while I was gone.  This will be the first time we've made cookies and not eaten them right away.  I told my kids it is a test.

I am so proud of my little sister.  Her baby was born on Thursday.  Since she is too far away I've been calling her regularly to see how feeding is going.  Her baby is eating and pooping like a champ!!!!  Nothing makes me happier than helping a Mamma feed her baby!  What a treat! 

I just have to mention one more treat.  While we were in Albania we made some friends from the UK and they told us about an author, Enid Blyton.  They especially recommended one of her series.
Malory Towers  BD, Sweets and I are almost done with the second book.  We are crazy about it.  We never thought we'd find anything we loved as much as Little House on the Prairie, but this is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment