Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Satisfying Shapes and Colors

We had a crazy weekend.  I was supposed to go to my little sister's house and see her new baby, but I had a very sore throat and I didn't want to get the baby sick.  Sweets cried when she found out we were going.

It was nice to be together with my little family for a whole day.  We had a big breakfast of eggs and bacon, YUM.  When it was lunch time we were so full from breakfast that we decided to just eat the cookies for junk day.  My kids called it a cookie party.  Bumbles would take one bite out of a cookie and try to give the rest to me, but I told him to give it to his dad.  It was really hard to resist those cookies.

Then there was the rootbeer.  We had to get some for BD's Webelos Hike.  We had left overs and there were rootbeer cans everywhere.  You have no idea how many times I almost picked up a half drunk can and had a swig.  But because I knew I would have to report to all of you I resisted everytime.

Then on Sunday I had to resist the big plate of brownies that my sweet sister-in-law made.  But I did it.

Monday I we were finally safe from the sugar.  I was really craving some, but I found joy in watching my children play. 

They were all begging for watching TV, but I resisted and suggested blocks.  They had so much fun.  They were so busy that I had time to put some of Super Jack's blanket together.



I love the way he is holding it up with his chin and still smiling.  I decided that I really like primary colors and basic shapes.  Somehow I got the same kind of satisfaction from looking at color and shapes as I do from eating sugar.  My cravings went away. Especially after I saw this sweet smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment