Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Eat Healthy Food

The second tactic for overcoming sugar addiction is to Eat Enough Healthy Food to Satisfy Your Hunger.

There are so many delicious foods out there. Why to we focus so intensely on sugar?  There are all kinds of spices and flavors out there. We really should expand our palates. One of my favorite places to find healthy recipes in Cooking Light.  They really make healthy food super delicious.

In fact, Cooking Light save my marriage.  There was a time when my husband hated my cooking.  I was trying to make healthy dishes and he didn't like a single one.  I wouldn't give up trying to eat healthy and he wouldn't give up on flavor. Then one day, one of my wonderful sisters brought me a copy of a Cooking Light magazine.  I started making recipes from it and my husband LOVED it!  I was happy, he was happy.  Everything was honky dory!  I was even more excited about Cooking Light when I started taking their dishes to pot lucks.  The men at the parties were always pointing to my food and say, "Who made this?"  I decided men really liked Cooking Light.

I've even written to Cooking Light to tell them they should add a subtitle to their magazine.  I think it should read, "Cooking Light: Healthy Food that Men Will Eat".  They never wrote back to me, but I still think it's a great idea.

Here's one of my favorite recipes.


I just need to say one other thing.  "American Family Fitness" came out with a commercial about how Weight Watchers (and others) doesn't work because it deprives you.  This simply is not true.  The commercial suggests that you just join their gym and all your troubles will be over.  We all know that diet helps you lose weight more than exercise (although exercise is important).  Weight Watchers couldn't possibly deprive you because most fruits and vegetables are 0 points.  This means you can eat as many of them as you want.

This means you can pig out on fruits and veggies!  So if you're hungry, eat produce.  If you don't want to eat a fruit or a vegetable, perhaps you're not really hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment