Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Mitsitam

I went to my favorite place to eat today.  It is the Mitsitam Cafe.  It's the cafe in the National Museum of the American Indian.  There food is so very delicious.  We used to eat there every once in awhile when my husband was doing his internship at the Senate.  Here's what we ate.

Grilled Bison, Cedar Planked Salmon with Wild Berry Glaze, Wild Rice and Watercress Salad, Roasted Celery Root Salad, Chili Roasted Carrots

BD is eating Black Bean, Winter Squash & Queso Fresco Burrito with Chimichurri Sauce.  There is also Indian Pudding with Maple Drizzel and Whipped Cream

Sweets is eating Blue Corn Bread and has a Tre Leche dessert in front of her.

We had a good reason for traveling to DC which I will tell you about later.  Since we were going there I decided to take Sweets and BD to the American Indian Museum.  Sweets is studying Native Americans.  I wanted her to try foods from all the different regions.  We started with the 5 region sampler plate and added a few other dishes.  It is amazing how flavorful this food is.  I have decided I'm asking for their cookbook for my birthday.



2 comments: