Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine

Today was Valentine's Birthday

She is sitting in front of her Birthday Spiral.  I think it was BD's 4th birthday when I decided we should just make something to put candles in instead of baking a whole cake just for a candle holder.  We didn't even really like cake.  My nephews promptly went out into the woods and made me a birthday log.  We loved it, but outgrew it quickly.  
The Birthday Log

So we upgraded to a birthday spiral.  I was so happy to find they made something like that.  We also use it as an advent spiral for Christmas time (luckily we have no December birthdays).  Now that we have freed ourselves of having to bake a cake the birthday child chooses what dessert they'd like.

Valentine made rice krispie treats topped with Nutella.  She really wanted to make Texas Sheet Cake, but I begged her to pick something with fewer calories.  

We all enjoyed the treat.  I think Tutu and Bumbles enjoyed it the most.

Bumbles with a stache 


Tutu has taste buds on her head

I didn't keep to my 20 grams AGAIN today.  However, the sugar is gone now and I'm getting back on track.  Maybe I can still lose some weight this week.  I got several "words of affirmation" today.  Thank you!  I feel loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment