Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sisters to the Rescue & Get the Sugar Out

Have I ever told you that I have six AMAZING sisters.  It is one thing to have six sisters, but for all of them to be amazing is unbelievable.  (I also have two amazing brothers).

My post yesterday wasn't that happy, so four of my sisters came to my rescue.  One of them sent me this article.

10 Tactics for Overcoming Sugar Addiction

Then another sister suggested that I just stop worrying about sugar until I get really good at counting my points.

Then two more just told me they were having similar struggles.

After all of that I feel much better.  Thanks ladies.

I loved the article my oldest sister sent me.  It was just what I needed.  I think we should go through each one of the 10 tactics day by day.

#1. Keep sugar and sugar products out of your house!

This is a tough one for me.  I think if I didn't have kids it would be easier.  (it is so easy to blame the kids).  But, seriously, today Bumbles HARASSED me about food all day.  He begged me for ice cream at 10 a.m.  We don't even have any ice cream in our house, but he decided he needed some right then.  Now, does someone with a sugar addiction need to have someone begging them for ice cream at 10 a.m.  I think not.  Then when he realized he wasn't getting ice cream he begged for candy.  I did have a little candy on hand.  I told him he could have some after lunch.  We do have a standing rule that we don't eat junk until after lunch.

He waited patiently for candy.  I got down the bag of candy we had and divided it evenly among the kids.  However, there were two pieces that were left.  I decided to feed them to Tutu, but that meant I had to bite them in half.  Guess where the other half ended up. That's right, in my belly.  That's not that big of a deal because it was within my limit.

So I think that there are times when it is okay to have sugar in your house.  However, there are some sugars that just can't be in the house.  Have you ever (I already know the answer) eaten something sweet that you don't even like just because it was sweet?  Don't let those things hang out in your house.  Throw them in the garbage!

There are some kinds of sugar that if they are in my house I will eat them until they are gone.  Those kinds of sugar are not allowed in my house.  Here is an example of an offender.

Brookside Chocolate - These are the devil (that's what I say about food that I can't resist)

But I can keep sugar and brown sugar in my house.  The trouble comes when I get something to keep the baby happy and it ends up keeping me happy. (if you catch my drift).  I got some of these for the "baby".

Lemon Newton Fruit Thins - BIG MISTAKE

They are tasty, but not so good that they are worth eating.  But I just LOVE cookies so I ate too many.  And, of course, Tutu doesn't even really like them, grrr.

My rule of thumb is that if I pig out on it then it isn't welcome in my home.

BTW, I tracked today!  I also kept to my 20 grams!  This week is looking better already! (Oh, and I got 5 points)


1 comment:

  1. I have foods that I just can't buy/make because I can NOT stop eating them. One is Caramel Hershey kisses. They are a drug for me. I never make the hard rice krispy's anymore--the ones made with corn syrup and then you pour chocolate on top and it hardens. Something about those just make me crazy and I can't control the urge to eat the whole pan. Hang in there. I've found that Take Shape for Life is a program that really helps me to be able to keep my appetite in check. You might want to check it out. Even if you don't have enough money to do the initial diet (where you buy the medifast food), the techniques in the book totally work. Eat six small meals a day and make sure each has a carb matched with a protein. It totally works!

    ReplyDelete