Thursday, February 20, 2014

Three, Four and Five

I'm going to combine numbers 3, 4, and 5.

Eat three regular meals a day.  These meals should include, veggies, fruit, whole grains, lean protein and healthy fat.   I had one of some of those today.  But here was my favorite one.

Chimichurri Steak Salad
Grilled, tender beed marinated in parsley, olive oil and garlic thinly sliced and set atop baby spinach with grape tomatoes, mushrooms, curry roasted potatoes and shaved parmesan cheese tossed with a Smoked Tomato Vinaigrette.  From Capital Ale House.  Can you say, YUMMY!

I got to go out with my girl friends today.  It was so fun.  I haven't been out with friends for a very long time.  

#4. Take a multivitamin and mineral supplement. Chromium picolinate and l-glutamine help to reduce cravings for some people. 

I remember hearing at a Weight Watchers meeting that someone had lost 4 lbs in a week and the only difference they made was taking a daily vitamin.  I don't know if it really helps, but I can get all the help I can get.  I've been taking my vitamins lately, have you?

#5: When you go out, make sure you are not ravenously hungry, especially if sugary sweets will be the only food available. Bring your own healthy snacks with you, or eat before going out.

I take issue with this one.  I hardly ever get to go out and I like for others to feed me.  I think it is better to just look at the menu and make a careful plan of what you'll eat when you go out.  There are so many wonderful and delicious options out there.



No comments:

Post a Comment