Friday, February 21, 2014

Sunlight and Wings

I REALLY didn't want to get up and exercise today, but I DID!  I told myself I'd just get up and go to the bathroom.  Then I really wanted to weigh myself.  I took off my pajamas so I could weigh myself.  Then I decided since I took off my pajamas I should just put on my workout clothes.  The next thing I know I'm walking out the door and heading to the gym.

I am always GLAD when I work out.  I can feel my body changing.  My arms feel stronger and firmer.  My stomach is getting flatter (not fast enough, but . . ). I struggle less with being tired.


Today's Tactic is . . .


#6: Get regular exercise, plenty of sunlight, and adequate sleep to reduce sugar cravings.


I have done really well with my exercise this week.  Last week was miserable because the gym was closed two days because of snow.  I've gotten back on track with exercising.  I even enjoyed some wonderful sunlight yesterday.  The adequate sleep could use improvement.  The Olympics aren't helping.  I also have another addition that is keeping me awake.  


I AM ADDICTED TO ANCESTRY.COM!  I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE finding families and getting their names ready for the temple.  I especially LOVE finding babies that died and getting them sealed to their families.  I know those families want their babies back.  


Today while our family read the Book of Mormon we came across this passage.


2 Nephi 25:


13 Behold, they will crucify him; and after he is laid in a sepulchre for the space of three days he shall rise from the dead, with healing in his wings; and all those who shall believe on his name shall be saved in the kingdom of God. Wherefore, my soul delighteth to prophesy concerning him, for I have seen his day, and my heart doth magnify his holy name.


We talked awhile about what, "with healing in his wings" means.  To me it means that all the pain, death, disease, sin and suffering will be made ALL RIGHT by the Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.  I know, for many, things are not ALL RIGHT right now.  Actually, I guess you could say they aren't ALL RIGHT for my family even.  BUT just knowing that someday they will be, heals me 85%.  Knowing that I can trust that I will be made whole gives me strength to carry on with joy.  I want that for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment