Saturday, February 8, 2014

Winter Celebration


Here's the spread we had for Winter Celebration.  In the red pot is venison tenderloins that I cooked up in 10 minutes with my special pampered chef baker. I also made Ricotta, Leeks and Walnut Pizza.  I made the Orange and Cardamom Bundt cake,  I also made the macaroons in the jar and the white ones in the front right corner.
There were lots of other cookies and brownies and also a large 4 layer cake.  I didn't count my sugar intake, but I only ate one meal today.  Let's just say I probably won't be losing any weight this week.  However, I'm not going to eat more than 20 grams of sugar daily until Spring Festival.  I really liked celebrating in this way because it's like Christmas.  You just make all the yummy things you want in one day and then it's over.  In fact, my dad wasn't able to come to the celebration because he was working in the ER.  Once the party was over we took all the sugar to the hospital for them to enjoy.  I'm glad it's all out of my house.


We had sparkling water for our beverage.  The cans with paper on the top are sparkling juice, but I didn't drink those.


We were busy making Valentines for a long time. I saw some pretty cute ones.



We couldn't all fit around the table at the same time so there was lots of story telling and talking.  No one makes me laugh as much as my own family.



My mother had the idea to play musical hearts.  When the music stopped you had to do whatever was written on the under side of the heart you were standing on.  There were things like "do 3 pushups", "Sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Start" and so on.



We all had a lovely time even though my mom was ill, my baby was ill, my sister's baby was ill and my nephew wrecked his car in the morning.  I'm glad we all pushed forward and had a wonderful time.

1 comment: