Wednesday, February 12, 2014

I Knew It

I have to confess.  I have not been keeping track of how much sugar I have been eating over the last two days.  I knew this would happen.  It seems whenever I allow myself to binge on sugar it is so hard to get it under control again.  The only remedy is to get all the sugar out of my house and bring in lots of fruit.  The fruit is here, but the sugar is not gone.  Actually, there are some kinds of sugar I can resist pretty easily, but there are others I cannot.  One of those would be DONUTS.  I made the mistake of purchasing donuts for my cranky kids, oops. I am determined to get back on track.  What else can I do.

On a more pleasant note, I can now tell you why I went to Washington D.C. the other day.  It was to greet this lady.

Odeta Nishani, the first lady of Albania

She was touring the Temple Visitor's Center for the LDS Temple in Washington D.C.  It is a great place to visit if you haven't been. I can't tell you how wonderful it was to speak Albanian again (although I made many BIG mistakes - I even threw some German in there).  We also visited with the Albanian Ambassador's wife.  When she found out what my last name is, she proclaimed we were cousins.  It was worth the drive to "feel" Albania for a few moments.  I sure miss that place.

2 comments:

  1. This was a cool story. It looks like you had a wonderful time and trip. I didn't know you could speak German. You are a woman of many talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I studied German in high school, but I can't speak it. :(

    ReplyDelete