Monday, February 3, 2014

One Stick and Two Apples

Today was weigh in day!  I only lost .4 lbs.  It's so frustrating.  However, I also lost another inch from my waist! (I got it right that time, Ben)  I am still happy because .4 lbs is around 1 1/2 sticks of butter.  Since I've started this blog I have lost 5 1/2 boxes of butter!  Also, I have lost 30 lbs exactly, since I started with Weight Watchers.  I still have 16.4 lbs to lose before May.

It has become clear to me (again) that how much I eat has a much greater effect on my weight loss than how much I exercise.  I have also had a little complication with my Activelink.  Apparently, Activelink doesn't record elliptical exercise very accurately.  After reading this I did a little test.  I've been working out pretty intensely on the elliptical, but I still have to run in place for 30 mins every evening to earn 5 points.  Then on Saturday I didn't exercise, but I did walk around Costco and the grocery store.  By the evening, I was at the same point as if I had worked out on the elliptical.  This morning I just walked for 30 minutes on the treadmill and my Activelink gave me much more credit than it does on the elliptical.

I've decided that I'm still going to work out every day that I can.  I am going to lower my goal points to 3 per day.  I think when my Activelink says I've only earned 3 it is really more like 5.  I am going to put more of my energy into TRACKING my food.  I am tired of tracking, but I did it today.  I am showing BD how to track.  He is going to be my tracking assistant because he loves any excuse to use my phone.

Today for fun we had an apple taste test. The apples in the test were Honeycrisp and Pink Lady.



The children chose the Honeycrisp every time.  I picked Pink Lady.  I thought it was MUCH sweeter and taster.  The Honeycrisp tasted watery.  I still love Honeycrisp, but the Pink Ladies were amazing.


BD took this photo of his own beautiful eye.  Those lashes are so unfair.  I love it when I upload my photos and I get surprises like this.

1 comment:

  1. I remember finding those kinds of photos too. : ) And we love doing taste tests, but it's been a long time.

    ReplyDelete