Thursday, April 21, 2011

Brotherly Love

I have been thinking a long time about this post.  I wish I could provide you with more pictures, but I only have one.  It isn't even that great of a picture, but here it is.

Two men on a motorcycle
There is something that Albanians do so much better than Americans, brotherly love.  Men in this country are not afraid to show their love to each other and I love it and every time I see it I want to cry.  The motorcycle picture is not the kind of love that brings me to tears.  In fact, when I see two men on a motorcycle it makes me laugh.  Especially when they are on a bullet bike.  Men in America would NEVER ride together on a bullet bike.  I also laugh when I see men riding pink bicycles or carrying pink umbrellas.  There is none of that pink is for girls and blue is for boys here.  It is a good thing too because Super Jack's favorite color is pink.

The kind of love that brings me to tears is when I see four young men walking down the street with their arms around each other.  I love to see old men greet each other and kiss each other on the cheeks while they hold each others' necks.  I love to see young men standing around talking and hanging on each others necks and rubbing each others heads.  I know it sounds weird and you're probably thinking that these young men must be homosexuals, but I'm sure they are not.   In fact, I believe that there is a very small percentage of homosexuals in this country and it is probably because they aren't afraid to touch each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment