Monday, April 11, 2011

What I Did On My Spring Break!

First, let me apologize for disappearing without saying anything.  I know I worried many of you.  However, all of the sudden life got super stressful and I had to take a break.  My kids had Spring Break from school and I decided to try and catch up on my scrapbook.  I wanted to use EVERY single available second for my scrapbook so I dropped my blog.  I have made a lot of progress and I think I can just save Sundays for scrapbooking and little by little I'll catch up.  Therefore, from now on I will not be posting anything on Sundays (except maybe a scrapbook page that I completed).  I am using Scrapbook MAX.  It is GREAT!  I am all into the digital scrapbook because I live in Albania and I just can't get scrapbook stuff here.

Now, I'm sure you're all wondering if I ate sugar during my break and the answer is, yes.  I'm very sorry to say.  I hope you can all forgive me.  You should know that I LOVE baking.  My family also LOVES my baking.  Even my husband has been begging me to bake something.  I baked and when I bake I can't resist it.  I made Brown Sugar Pound Cake (from cookinglight.com) for my family 3 times!  I also made Denise Call Chocolate Chip Cookies for Cub Scouts.  One night my husband was begging me to make him something sweet so I made Anzac cookies (they weren't very good). I made Cocoa Fudge Cookies twice for my new neighbors.  The first time they weren't home and we ended up eating them.  Then I made them Ginger Muffins and they weren't home again so we ate those.  Today I made the Cocoa Fudge Cookies again and they were finally home.  It is a Albanian/English couple.  The woman is English and she came by to meet her English speaking neighbor.  I wanted to welcome them. 

Okay, so that is it.  I didn't eat anything other than my own baking.  However, I am back on the wagon.  During my break I also read this.

Master Your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Naturally Balancing Your Hormones for a Hot and Healthy Body!

I loved it!  My sister recommended it.  However, it also made me sad, because here in Albania we have very few organic options and it is very frustrating.  However, I plan to put my money where my mouth is and little by little the organic products will increase.  I also need to speak to my sister about how she is following this plan without eating meat.

Here are a few pictures that we took while we were relaxing.  I hope you enjoy them.

Sweets and Bumbles

Super Jack in the laundry basket

Me in my jammies with Bumbles
Do you think I should cut my hair yet?

We took a trip to Pogradec.  There is a huge lake there
that has a special fish in it.  It tastes like trout.
Obviously, we took my in-laws. This town is very close to
Macedonia.  We were thinking of going over the border
and eating at McDonalds, but . . . .
WE FORGOT OUR PASSPORTS!
We were very bummed.  Luckily we didn't tell the kids
or they would have been heart broken.
You should know that it took us FIVE hours to get there.
It is supposed to be 2 1/2 hours, but . . . . Albanian
roads are ALL windy mountain roads and it takes
FOREVER and it is SCARY!

Bumble's first time in the sand.

Bumbles slept on our little rowboat ride.

Back in Tirana.  We got free bags from the new
Rossman & Lala that is closer to our house.
The kids are standing in front of the clinic where
we get shots.  We didn't need any this trip.

Went to Era on a date with my HOT husband.
I always get these.
Mediterranean Brochette

I always get this too.
Fergese

This is my ABSOLUTE favorite.
Pispili

I did a lot of this during my break.


Now that I'm thinking about it, I guess the stress came from my husband taking on the responsibility of being the Branch President.  He had to spend a lot of time at the church, but little by little (or avash, avash - as we say in Albanian) he is getting things organized so things won't be so complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment