Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Nurse

Today I began my day very early because of Bumbles. 

Bumbles is bright eyed and I'm not
Bumbles has been sick so Andi and I haven't gotten much sleep.  I was also greeted by no power this morning.  Nonetheless, life went on and the power did come on again just long enough for Andi and I to take a shower. But not for me to make breakfast.  We had bread and butter.

We headed to the American Favorites store to see if their shipment from the US came in and it hadn't.  Nonetheless, we went to our usual grocery store and bought a few things.  On the way to the car Super Jack said he felt tired.  We hopped in the car and went home.

As soon as we arrived he curled up on the couch, asked for a blanket and fell asleep. (THIS IS VERY UNUSUAL)

Sweets immediately went into nurse mode.
Super Jack has been on the couch all day with a fever.  While Super Jack and Bumbles were sleeping there was a knock at the door.  It was B.D. with our neighbor.  He had fallen and scrapped up his knee really badly.  B.D. had gone over to see if he could play and when the neighbor answered the door B.D. thought he needed to be rushed over to me to be "treated" for his wound.

I am often the only mother home in these parts so I get visits from some of the kids.  I kind of like the fact that I get to treat the playground injuries and feed kids who get locked out of their house.  I'm glad I can be a comfort to them when they realize they forgot their key or they miscommunicated with mom and dad.  I guess they used to just sit outside and wait, but now they can hang out with us.

Super Jack is still sick and throwing up.  I hope we get some sleep tonight.  Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment