Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Chicken Soup Tureen

I'm going to have to tell you about the Dasma tomorrow.  Andi took some video that I'll have to watch and pick the best one to show you.

Today I woke to a sick Bumbles.  Andi took the kids bowling with our Cub Scout Pack.  He tells me it was really tough taking care of all those kids without me, but he handled it.



Andi even had enough energy to let them play on the
playground before he came home.
Meanwhile I was at home holding my sick baby the whole time.  I was pretty happy though because I got to watch a whole session of General Conference without interruption.  I can't even remember the last time that happened.  It was wonderful! General Conference

My neighbor brought me some pumpkin that her mom brought her from Greece.  I decided to make Creamy Pumpkin Soup


Everyone loved it, including Super Jack!  Too bad it is impossible to find pumpkin or squash of any kind here. I think I love making soup because I used to HATE my mother's stew.  She would put it in this chicken tureen.  I would always come up with some kind of strategy to avoid it.  However, my mom always made me eat it - even if I gagged.

She gave me the soup tureen because it makes her think of me.  Now I have it and it makes me think of her.  It also reminds me that kids are picky eaters, but they grow out of it.  Since I've lived in Albania I've learned to like soup.  I even LOVE soup now!  Apparently, all I needed was a little lemon juice.  Here in Albania they put a squirt lemon juice in their soup and it is so amazing.  Please try it!  Since I've lived in Albania I've also learned the art of setting the table.  I LOVE setting the table and sitting down to dinner with my family ESPECIALLY when everyone is saying how yummy the dinner is!

No comments:

Post a Comment