Monday, April 25, 2011

Exhaustion

I had a very exhausting weekend.  Saturday morning we went to this lovely park.

We had an Easter Egg Hunt with our church.  The eggs were hidden on a hill and I just didn't think I could manage it in a long skirt and flip flops.  I asked one of the missionaries to help Super Jack.  Thankfully, he was willing.  The kids came back with baskets full of red eggs.  These were real hard boiled eggs.  They do not have plastic eggs here.  My kids are trying to get used to it.

After awhile Super Jack realized that there were blue eggs and he had only found red eggs.  He was begging me to help him find blue eggs, but I was nursing Bumbles.  I asked Marion (you know the Marvelous Mormon Meat Man) to help.  He looked in the stack of eggs that they had saved for the grown-ups and found a few blue eggs.  He turned around to give them to Super Jack.  Super Jack gave him a funny look and immediately Marion got it.  He realized Super Jack wanted to FIND the eggs.  Marion went and hid them and then helped Super Jack find them.  I was laughing so hard.

Once Super Jack and Sweets were busy making daisy chains with the missionaries, B.D. was playing volleyball and Andi was visiting with people I decided I should do some visiting.  I went and sat with two older ladies.  I don't know about you, but I just LOVE older ladies.  I know some people find them annoying, but I find them very interesting and they warm my heart.  I was not disappointed.  Bumbles played with Motra Kashari while I talked to Motra Hoxha.  Motra Hoxha told me about her first daughter who died at 6 months.  She was trying not to get emotional.  Then she told me that her husband died when her youngest was 9 years old.  I got a little choked up myself.  These women give me so much strength.

We did finally head home and we had to stop to buy some of these.




Sweets is a huge fan.
We were exhausted, but Super Jack made such fast friends with one of the missionaries and he wanted him to come over.  So I invited them over for apple pie.  I had made the crust already.  I thought it would be easy.  For some reason making those pies really wore me out.  However, the missionaries REALLY enjoyed them and so did our neighbor, Toni.  I had made one crumb-topped and one double crust.  I also only put in half the sugar.  He decided that he liked the double crust better.  It is so nice when you make a recipe with half the sugar and people like it more.  Don't worry, I didn't eat any.

By the time the kids were in bed I was completely exhausted, but I had to be the Easter Bunny.  I also had about 5 loads of laundry to fold.  I wished I could have just gone to bed, but the kids were so excited for the Easter Bunny.  I pushed on.  I hid chocolate coins.  My kids love those.  I did also find a pretty expensive bag of Easter candies at one of the Italy grocery stores.  (The same place I found candy canes for Christmas).  I started to get into hiding the candy.  It is pretty fun.

Our neighbor came over with some Easter Eggs.


She did a very nice job.
I think that brought our total number of eggs to 5 dozen.  I must say the ones from our neighbor were the prettiest and the bowl is lovely.

B.D. and Sweets woke up early and made plenty of noise to try to wake up Super Jack.  We had to send them back to bed, but eventually it was time for the hunt.  We gave Super Jack a 3 minute head start since he hadn't been sitting in the room looking for candy for an hour like B.D. and Sweets had.  At first he was unsure, but quickly got the picture. Their baskets were stuffed.  I purposely made smallish Easter baskets so my kids wouldn't get too much candy.

I made them using this book.

A Second Treasury of Magical Knitting

I need to make another one for Bumbles.  If anyone wants to go to Michael's and buy me some 100% wool yarn and send it to me I'll get right on it.

B.D. and Super Jack ate most of their candy before we even left for church.  I was so exhausted at church, but again I pushed on through it.  It was so nice to come home and put Bumbles to sleep.  I couldn't relax though because I was suppose to make a cake for Easter.  I made Nathan's Lemon Cake using my Wilton Silicone Cake Pan.  Of course, I only have one of those so it took me twice as long to bake the cake because it was a two layer cake.  Once again, if you feel so inspired to send me another Wilton Silicone Cake Pan feel free.  (I could use some nice spatulas too, while you're at it.)

We went to my MIL's for dinner.  I knew we were in trouble when Andi said she wanted the kids to bring their baskets.  She had more candy for them, she bought them mifisha and she had a cake.  We also had lamb for dinner.  The kids were scared to try it, but they did and they liked it.  My FIL also had a big chocolate bar for everyone.  I passed out my lemon cake.  Andi said it was too lemony.  I didn't try it so I can't say.  We left the both cakes there, but we went home with plenty of chocolate.

Andi had to go out again to visit some people.  I put the kids to bed and started to realize why I had been so exhausted.  I had a breast infection.  I texted Andi to bring home some antibiotics and took a nice long, hot bath. I was so happy to swallow my first antibiotic knowing it was the secret to feeling better.

I was trying so hard to work up the will to blog last night.  Andi was working on my computer.  He was reinstalling some things.  I asked if I could upload some pictures.  He just looked at me funny and said I couldn't blog that night.  I was so grateful to be on blog restriction.  I went straight to bed. 

I was still weak most of the day today.  I had a very hard time motivating myself to do anything.  I did get one load of laundry done and I cut Super Jack's hair.  When I went to put Bumbles down for his afternoon nap I was so tired.  I tried so hard to keep my eyes open, but I eventually gave in and took a nap. 

Tomorrow, I'll tell you what happened to B.D. at soccer practice.  And I hear the American Favorites store got their shipment.  I think I'll be shopping tomorrow.

P.S. If you have any ideas of what to do with a 5 dozen hard boiled eggs please let me know.  Of course, we'll be having egg salad sandwiches.

Peeling Eggs

Bumbles playing with a rag.  His new favorite toy.

8 comments:

  1. Is that kumquat (or however you spell it) that Sweets is eating? I hope you feel better soon!! Also, I love the pics in this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just kidding... I looked at the picture bigger... what is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you feel better soon Angela. It sounds like the kids had a wonderful Easter. I was sick the 5 days before Easter, so I was like you when it was time to play Easter Bunny, too tired, but I pressed on because they'd set their baskets out and were so excited. I even heard one of them say it was a great day, so I guess it was all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recipes for leftover Easter eggs:
    http://sn138w.snt138.mail.live.com/default.aspx?rru=inbox&wa=wsignin1.0

    I love the Easter baskets you made for the children. They are so blessed to have you for a Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela I hope that you are feeling better. What size silicone baking pan do you need. Also I think I have some wool yarn lying around not getting used do you have any specific colors that you would like let me know also how to send you all the stuffs! Gezuar Pashket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one that says 22.9 X 3.6 cm. I was thinking orange because I don't have that color yet, but whatever color that is bright and Eastery will work. I was thinking of making a bunch for the Albanian kids too. If anyone wants to make Easter baskets and send them for Easter next year we could use them. I forgot to say that I could really use some plastic eggs. If you see a bunch on sale I would love some.

    Thanks Krysta - you rock. I wish you could send yourself here. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love old ladies too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I so wish I could send myself too! Bah I miss it so much! Would you message me in Facebook your address and I will be on the lookout for plastic eggs as well.

    ReplyDelete