Friday, April 22, 2011

Ice Cream and Crepes



Our day started with a lovely breakfast made by these cuties.

I recently taught Sweets how to make french toast.  She loves it so much and I'm not really a fan.  I decided it was time she learned.  I think B.D was feeling a little pushed aside by his sister's new skills.

I had a hard time finding enough clothes for everyone this morning.  The season is changing so we needed to go buy clothes.  We piled in the car along with our new English neighbor, Naomi and Andi's cousin's wife, Kjara and went to the mall.  It was stressful as usual, but it was a lot more fun with two other women.  Kjara even bought all of us lunch.

Then on to ballet and back home.  Bumbles took a nice nap and shortly after he woke up Andi and Noni arrived, which meant .  . . . Time for my Date.

We walked all the way down to our favorite ice cream shop, Rudi's, and bought a kilo of vanilla ice cream.  I'm getting ready to make some apple pies and we just have to have Rudi's vanilla ice cream to go with it.


Me and Rudi
His shop is right by our old house and he knows us.  Every time we come he is so happy to see us.  It took him a few minutes to fill our order.  Some other people were waiting around for their ice cream.  They got annoyed because of the wait.  They said something rude to Rudi because he was talking to us.  They said something like, "Do you plan on working or not?"  Rudi responded saying that he was working and they could just wait.  Andi and I were laughing because it seemed so much like the Nazi Soup man on Seinfeld.  He doesn't have to be nice to his customers because his ice cream is the best in time.

On the way home Andi had to stop and get a crepe.  It is so fun to watch the process.

The assembly line
I love the little tool they use to spread out the crepe

Most of the crepes that were made were like these.
Chocolate with cookie crumbs
Nutella
Chocolate and bananas


They do make savory ones.

This was Andi's order
White chocolate, pineapple and coconut
Can you tell how big the crepes are?
P.S. I did not have a bite of the crepe or the ice cream and I don't plan to eat any apple pie.

2 comments:

  1. You are one tough woman if you can avoid all that yummy stuff!

    I love the soup Nazi comparison. You can do whatever you want when you're the best.

    ReplyDelete