Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sometimes I'm Lame

As you know, I recently read this book.
Master Your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Naturally Balancing Your Hormones for a Hot and Healthy Body!

 It was awesome and I learned a lot.  I want to use this book in order to eat right, but I also wanted advice on how to exercise.  She recommends reading her other books for advice on exercise.  She said she had one for beginners and one for people who are a little more fit.

I figured I was pretty fit so I got this one.

Making the Cut: The 30-Day Diet and Fitness Plan for the Strongest, Sexiest You


In the first chapter or two she gives you some tests to see if you can handle this program.  I thought I could handle most of them except the push-ups.  She said you had to do 6-7 push-ups.  She also said that if you were below average on any of the tests that you should use the other book.  I decided to start my testing with the push-ups since I figured if I couldn't do 6 there was no point in doing the other tests.

I DID 3.

Not only did I do 3, but my arms and chest were VERY sore the next day.  (I want to hear about how many push-ups all ya'll can do).

So looks like I'm starting with this book.


Winning by Losing

I've also got to figure out how to fit in a work out in my life.  I found an awesome 24 hour gym by my kids' new school.  I'm thinking I'll have to talk to my neighbor that sends her daughter to that school and see if we can trade babysitting/walking the kids to school/workouts.  It sounds like a good idea I know, but Albanians aren't as workout-crazy as Americans.

Plus, I really need to be able to sleep in order to workout.  This morning at around 3:30 a.m., Bumbles was trying to go back to sleep, when Super Jack woke up to puke and then Sweets came in the room to say she was sick.  Don't you just love 3:30 a.m. parties?  I left Andi with Sweets and Super Jack and went to Sweets' bed with Bumbles.  I think Andi got the raw end of the deal, but he can't nurse Bumbles so what could I do?  Sweets has tonsillitis, but Super Jack is feeling a little better although he started coughing.  Before bed I gave Sweets antibiotics, Super Jack "Vick's Vapor Rub" (his favorite) and a humidifier and B.D. needed pain meds for his pulled groin muscle.  Apparently, kickball got a little crazy at Cub Scouts.

A little note, B.D. is awesome and he has been so positive and happy and helpful during all this illness.  He is really trying hard to be happy and helpful and I LOVE it.

Funny story, I wanted to make a nice dinner for Andi because he had a rough night.  Plus, the missionaries were coming over to teach our neighbor so I thought I'd feed them and my neighbor too.  I made Chicken Crepes from the Southern Living Cookbook.  It was a lot of work and the last step was to add whipping cream to the sauce.  I thought twice about adding it, but I decided to add it in the end.  Turns out the whipping cream I added already had sugar in it so the sauce was sweet. (of course I didn't know this until we started eating it).  My neighbor had actually cancelled his lesson with the missionaries so it ended up just being our neighbor.  He couldn't stomach the crepes, but he did like the leftover creamy pumpkin soup.  What a waste and it was embarrassing. 

3 comments:

  1. Angela, I totally did the same thing with the whipping cream and a chicken pot pie. Not good. The first bite you think it's OK, and then it's just too much!

    I love your ideas to get fit, and I am right with you on the push-ups, definitely something I need to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do my push-ups on my knees. In all of the exercise classes I go to at my all ladies gym, almost all of the women do their push ups from their knees. That doesn't mean that's the ultimate goal . . . I can definitely feel myself getting stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dance teacher makes us do 10. I can do it, but those last two or three are really hard.

    ReplyDelete