Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fun Albanian Style

My day started off sweetly.

My kids made us breakfast.
Sweets and Super Jack set the table.
B.D. was the chef.
They're great.  They told me not to tell Andi because they wanted to surprise him.  I love how Super Jack gets all excited and does just what Sweets and B.D. tell him to.  B.D. is such a good cook and Sweets take such care in making the table beautiful.  I'm such a lucky mom.

We are trying to have a little fun since we are having Spring Break.  Today we went exploring.  We had heard about this place called "Blur" that had an outdoor playground, an indoor playground and a bowling alley.  I needed to go talk to the the people at the bowling alley about the Cub Scouts having a bowling activity.

We packed a lunch of PB&J and oranges and off we went.  I was afraid I might not be able to find it, but we drove right to it.  The playground was a little better than most places we've seen, but it still needed some attention.  There were lots of dangerous things.  No one seems to care about safety around here.


Bumbles had fun, but he didn't like the slide.

Sweets really liked the monkey bars.


So did B.D.
 I was getting tired of worrying about safety and holding Bumbles so we went inside.  Plus, Super Jack had to go potty.  We checked out their playground inside which was more like an arcade.  We did take a ride on the helicopters and bumpers cars.

We had lots of fun, but as soon as I said it was time to go Super Jack started boohoooing about how he didn't have any fun and he didn't want to go home.  I knew he was tired so I just told him I was sorry he was sad as I put him in his carseat.  He didn't fall asleep, but as soon as we got home the kids ran outside and played the rest of the day.  I love beautiful days.  It is so much easier to be a mom on a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment