Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Interview

How do we look?
Sorry the kids are all covered up, but it was COLD out there.  In fact, it is even colder now and my gas for my heater has run out and I'm freezing.  We have more gas, but I don't know how to hook it up and you have to go through Ada's balcony door (which will probably wake her up), which means I won't be warm until I get warm in my bed.  Sorry if this ends up being short, but I'm COLD.

We practiced with the kids last night and promised them a BIG chocolate bar if they behaved themselves.  Super Jack did wear his cowboy hat during the interview.  Bumbles screamed during the interview because it was at 9:30 which is his naptime.  My MIL did come and she kept him off stage for us (phew).

They couldn't get enough of the kids.  The studio wasn't very comfy like we have in the States.  They always do everything so modern.  They made the kids sit on glass steps on the opposite side from us.  Andi and I sat on stools that were covered with cut up pieces of fabric sewed together.  When we left the stage we had threads all over us.

The first question I didn't understand at all so I had to look to Andi for a translation.  It was a simple question, but I guess I was nervous.  They asked how I met Andi.  I said, "in church".  Andi was so annoyed with me, but that was all I could think to say.  I didn't understand the second question either.  I was getting worried that they thought I didn't speak any Albanian.  I can't remember what it was, but I answered it better than the first.  They asked me which of my kids gives me the most trouble.  I explained that it isn't nice to say things like that.  I explained that my kids all have their good points and bad points, but I love them all the same.  They asked me if my husband helps me at home.  I said he did and said he was better than most men.  They asked me what my favorite Albanian foods were.  I told them Pispili and Stuffed peppers.  They asked if I could make them.  I said I didn't have anyone to teach me how.  I told them that I do know how to cook fasule though.  Andi chimed in and said I made great fasule.  They asked B.D. if he was in school and he told them I teach him at home.  They asked the kids what they do in their free time.

They asked me if I have Albanian friends or foreign friends. I told them I had both, but they asked me how I could speak to my Albanian friends (I was speaking Albanian to them).  I told them sometimes I misunderstand people, but we get Andi to help us work it out. 

I wished they had asked me better questions.  I was a little disappointed.  Andi said that they should have interviewed me before the interview so they would know what to ask.  Oh well!  It was fun.  We are going to get a video of it.  Of course most of you won't understand it, but it will be fun to see the weird studio and at least you can see if I was nervous or not.

I'm so tired (because Ada woke up at 6 and told everyone to get up - like it was Christmas) and cold so I'm going to bed.

4 comments:

  1. The story about "Sweets" (oops) waking everyone up is making me crack up. Sounds like you did well despite the boring questions. WHY did they want to interview you? Did Andi get asked questions too?

    Oh - your hair looks fantastic in this picture! Positively radiant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your hair does look great. There's something very mom-in-Austria about the whole picture too.

    Did the kids answer in Albanian?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Miri is wearing his cowboy shirt too, I see. Bekim sure has a nice do and smile. I agree with everything that was said about you. You are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Rave Reviews!!! Thank you so much. All my life I've wanted to be as spectacular as Mom-in-Austria!!!

    ReplyDelete