Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tomorrow is Another Day

I ate sugar today!  I feel terrible telling you all this.  It is strange.  I ate these.


These are Banana Bread Muffins.  Why would I waste eating sugar on these and not on chocolate or something really amazing?  I can't say.  I just lost control of myself.  Usually it isn't even hard to not eat sugar.  I didn't even eat them when they were fresh out of the oven.  We went to the botanical garden today and when we got home I was hungry and I ate a few. 

I am not going to get discouraged however.  Tomorrow is another day and I intend to get back on the wagon.  I even thought to myself, "Hey, since I ate sugar I might as well eat a snickers and start over tomorrow."  But I didn't listen to myself.  I haven't eaten sugar for two months and just because I ate sugar one day doesn't make all of that null and void, right?

I have to say that I'm a little bummed about how little not eating sugar is helping me to lose weight.  It makes me just not want to give up sugar because it's not doing anything amazing.  I think I need to read a book on how to overcome OVEREATING because that appears to be my major problem.  I used to overeat sugar and now I overeat other things.

Tomorrow I also begin my diet again.  Tomorrow I'm signing up with a gym.  You see, tomorrow is another day.

I have also been working hard on "speaking my kids' love languages" (see The Five Love Languages of Children).  Sweets is always begging me to do my hair.  I really do not enjoy having my hair done by young children, but . . . . I allowed it and it wasn't that terrible.  Although the little 4-year-old neighbor girl also helped and she hurt me.  What do you think of my do?

It's been a long time since I've had a big blue
flower on top of my head. How 'bout you?

Not bad!

Once again, sorry to disappoint all of you.  Alas, I'm not a woman of steel.

4 comments:

  1. Don't get down on yourself. You've done great so far. Honestly, if you're able to go from eating a little sugar one day to recommitting to your goal again right away, that's awesome. Besides you passed on the candy bar, and the candy bar is much worse than a few muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you did great and that means you can do it again! You are a very strong woman with great goals! You can do it Angela. I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your words of encouragement. I love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've done great so far. Don't worry. We all have things we plan on never doing, and we cave. Keep it up! We're all rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete