Saturday, March 5, 2011

I Hope This Makes Up For It

I'm so sorry I didn't post last night, but the internet wasn't working.  Andi even got me a new modem so our internet is faster.  I thought that maybe everything had gone ary, when Andi came home and told me half the city didn't have power.  Just can't win for losin' sometimes.  I'll try to make this post really long to make up for it.

Yesterday was difficult.  Sweets and Bumbles needed a check up.  On my way out the door I realized I needed to get gas first so I was 45 minutes late to our appointment.  There is only one gas station my husband lets me use because he is afraid all the other gas stations mix water with their gas.  Therefore, I had to circle the city to get to my appointment.  When we finally got to the clinic there was a parking spot RIGHT in FRONT of the door - Amazing.  I was thinking the Lord was smiling down on me when . . . . . Super Jack REFUSED to get out of the car.  You have to remember that I have just finished reading

The Five Love Languages of Children


And I was trying really hard to be "pleasant and firm".  I tried the old, "OK, you stay here by yourself" and walked off, but he didn't budge.  I finally just told him the doctor was going to get mad at me.  I asked if he wanted his mommy to get in trouble.  He decided he didn't and got out of the car.

The visit was miserable.  Sweets was fighting with Super Jack over the stool with wheels.  When I asked her to come over to speak to the doctor she had a fit, which was so not like her.  Then B.D. was holding a stethoscope over his head running around the room trying to keep it from Super Jack.  Thankfully, the doctor is kind of my friend and she knows me pretty well.  She asked if I was going to have any more children.  I said, "Don't you think I have my hands full enough?"  She agreed that I did, but then kindly told me I was doing a great job.

We went home, had a little lunch.  Bumbles had a little nap.  Then it was off to ballet.  I had to drive around looking for a parking spot for awhile and Bumbles started screaming.  I tried to calm him down.  I even let him play with my cell phone.  He didn't want it.  I gave him my camera.  He was happy.  I did finally find a tight little spot, but I was desperate.  I was doing a fine job parallel parking when I noticed some men sitting outside a cafe pointing and laughing at me.  I blushed.  I tried to remain calm and get my big boat into the spot.  I did it!  When I got out of the car they weren't laughing anymore :-P

I did have to ask a passerby to help me get my stroller out of the car.  He was impressed with my Albanian.  I tried to get sleeping Super Jack into the stroller while holding Bumbles.  It didn't work too well.  Super Jack was screaming.  I did finally get him onto the sidewalk in the stroller and calm him down.  I stopped to buy some veggies.  I was listening to a little boy and his father.  I was thinking how nice it was to hear English.  Then I realized that it was Albanian, but I understood it so well that it seemed like my mother tongue.  I love that.

When we got home I was exhausted.  But I hurried and made dinner and cleaned-up so I'd be ready to go on a date.  It was the greatest date.  We left our kids with Noni (that is the name we came up with for Gjyshja Eli because she wanted a cool name like Mamie) and we walked.  We walked and walked and walked really fast.  It was great.  While we walked I talked Andi's ear off about the book I read.  He was very interested in the 5 love languages.  I was telling him that one of the ways to discover what your child's love language is is to listen to what they complain about.  (ie. You never read to me.)  Andi caught on right away and said, "You never massage my foot" ha, ha.

We had our house key copied (we've only had one copy for 6 months now).  That was our big date.  Then we walked really fast all the way home.  I don't think I've ever seen Andi walk that fast.  It was very refreshing.


We did get a movie, but we didn't have time to watch it.  I had to get to bed early so I could get up early to plant some trees.  I was so excited.  It was wonderful!  I LOVE HEIFER INTERNATIONAL.

The man on the right with the black jacket was the
man from Heifer.  He is Albanian and he was trying
really hard to speak English.  He had to think really hard
every time before he said "sapling'.  He was
very sweet.  His name was Gori, which means stone.




B.D. me, Bumbles
(Andi, Sweets and Super Jack didn't come)


The Cub Scouts in front of the School in Baldushku

The students that attend this school also helped with
the planting.  I invited them to take a picture with us.
My international friends were impressed with my Albanian.
I think it is funny that people who don't speak Albanian
tell me I speak it well.  How do they know?

When we got home it was so quite because Bumbles was sleeping.  It was so nice to be with just B.D.  He is a wonderful boy.  We couldn't have too much fun because I had to clean up the house.  The missionaries have been teaching our dear neighbor, Toni, so twice a week I have to clean up my house.  I also made them some fudge.  Don't worry, I didn't eat any.

Once the Elders left I just did more laundry and ironed a million shirts.  It was so nice to get so much work done.  We are all ready for Sunday.

I'm reading a new book

Food Fight! How to Knock Out Overeating
I'll let you know how it is. 

P.S. When I uploaded my pictures I saw that Bumbles took this picture.

So sad.  Can you see the tears?

No comments:

Post a Comment