Monday, March 14, 2011

Out with the Old in with the New

I've been fighting mold in my house for awhile.  The last place to tackle was my bathroom. 

Can you see all the mold/mildew?
I finally changed it today.

Doesn't it look nice?  I can't wait to
take a shower tomorrow.
I have also been having a really hard time resisting sugar lately.  I guess it didn't help that my MIL got back from Greece yesterday and brought me LOTS of sugar.  Not only am I trying to get sugar out of my life.  I'm trying to get it out of my families life.  She brought them each a bag of candy like starbursts.  She brought them each a box of chocolate chip cookies and a big gooey wafer seasame seed thing.  They were thinking they could just eat them when and how they wanted since Noni (that is what we are calling their Albanian grandma now) gave them to them.  I informed them that it wasn't the case.  My kids are total sugarics!!!!  I can't let it go on.  My sister, Julie, is slowly teaching us about hormones and how they are effected by sugar.  I am also learning a lot about the subject from the book I'm reading

Food Fight! How to Knock Out Overeating

I'm also learning some strategies to change my behaviors so I can change my neuropathways.  I need to make a deck of cards.  On each card I write an emotion and on the back I have to right something that I will do that has nothing to do with food.  She calls them Emotional Ammo cards. I also need to write a mantra.  Shall we do it together?  I think so.

List 3 things you want to change

1. I'm out of shape
2. I'm tired
3. I can't eat the way I know I should

Beside each one write the opposite

1. I'm out of shape - I'm fit
2. I'm tired - I'm energetic
3. I can't eat the way I know I should - I eat the way I know I should

String the positive items together.

I'm fit and energetic because I eat the way I know I should.

Now we have to write it on a few 3x5 cards and post it around the house.   What will your mantra be?  I think I'll use this one, but I'm going to make another one or two.

Now that I wrote a mantra I guess I should make my Emotional Ammo cards, but . . . . Here is my EXCUSE.  I have small children and part of the reason I overeat is because I find it hard to have fun while taking care of 4 kids and keeping house all by myself.  I eat to have FUN.  If I didn't have small children I could do a lot of things that are fun like knitting, playing the piano, scrapbooking, gardening . . .  What small thing can I do for fun with 4 kids?  I just can't come up with anything.  Let me hear your ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Knit with them, teach them to play or have them dance while you play or play musical chairs. Have them do scrapbooks while Charlie crinkles all the scraps on the floor, it will be different but you can still have fun.

    ReplyDelete