Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Trying to Have Fun

Noni (my MIL) came home from Greece and brought my kids balloons, ugh!  Am I the worst mother in the world because I HATE balloons?  These are the reasons I hate them.

1. When children play with them they some times run into things, which causes personal injury or property damage.
2. They are dangerous for children under 3
3. They pop and kids cry

However, since I'm trying to find new ways to have fun other than food we've been playing with balloons

Here is Super Jack with three HUGE balloons (the kind that have a rubber band that you can bounce off your hand - I LOVE THOSE) around his waist.  These kind of balloons don't bother me as much.  I showed Super Jack how to bounce them, but he couldn't really get it.  He found his own way to play with them.


Bumbles was having lots of fun playing the the CD player and standing up against the couch.  So big and happy.

That was yesterday.  Sorry I didn't post, but sometimes I just need a break.  I know some bloggers have a certain day they take off, but I like to keep you guessing.

Today was YELLOW day!  I love YELLOW day.  That reminds me . . . When I was a kid we would always ask my mom what her favorite color was and she would always respond, "My favorite color of what?"  She would go on explaining that if we were talking about flowers or clothes or fabric her answer would be different.  I was always dying for my mom to just have a favorite color.  Now that I'm grown up I get what my mom meant. I really don't have a favorite color because all colors have a place and a purpose and for me it more about color combinations.  However, because I remember how frustrating it was that my mom didn't have a standard favorite color, I do.  Just like when I was a kid it is YELLOW.


So they hadn't had their hair done yet, but aren't they cute?
The funny thing is all of these clothes except B.D.'s pants were given to them by my mother.  You see she knows I have a color for each day. It is a Waldorf thing and has to do with the colors of the planets and therefore the days of the week.

Sunday - White - Sun
Monday - Purple - the Moon
Tuesday - Red - Mars
Wednesday - Yellow - Mercury
Thursday - Orange - Jupiter
Friday - Green - Venus
Saturday - Blue - Saturn

My kids have an outfit for each day. Sometimes we don't have just the right color, but we do the best we can.  Then, of course, when there are special days we switch around. For example, tomorrow is St. Patrick's day and we will wear our green clothes.

I had a lot of fun watching Sweets and B.D. practicing their ballet.  I hope you enjoy it too.

They were talking about how some of the kids at ballet stick their bums out when they plie and the teacher tells them they look like ducks.  I showed them my plie to see if they approved.  Sweets was really impressed.  I was just impressed I could still get my knees to do a grand plie. 

I was feeling really down today.  Partly because I'm super busy.  When I have a lot to do I just like to sit around thinking about how much I have to do and feel depressed about it.  It's so productive that way, not.  But that is what I did all day today.  I couldn't get out of my funk.  So   . . . . I went shopping . . . . with Noni. 

She had some credit at a electronics store here.  She already said she would buy me a blender.  She bought me a blender AND a curling iron!!!!  I'm so excited.  I haven't had a curling iron in YEARS.  Sweets is so excited too.  I snuggled with her before she went to bed tonight and she asked me if I like to do hair.  I told her I love it, but I just don't have a lot of time.  I told her by the time she was a teenager all the babies would be grown up and we could do each others hair every day.  She was really excited about that. 

Tomorrow promises to be fun with breakfast smoothies and curly hair. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. B.D. looks SO different in that first picture. He is growing up!

    When I woke up Colton this morning, the first thing he asked me from under the covers was, "Do we have any yellow shirts?" I thought how odd it was that he was asking that when he doesn't even know about yellow day. And he never asks for yellow. I told him there was that one yellow shirt that he never wants to wear. He opted out. So interesting . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed all of your pictures in this post! I especially loved the one of Bumbles!! He is sooo cute! :) Also, I love the idea of wearing certain colors for certain days. Maybe I'll try that sometime... except, I don't think I own a single yellow shirt. Maybe I'll have to go shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yellow day. You're such a good mom. I put my kids in all green today and even dyed the pancakes green. Then I realized St. Patrick's day was tomorrow. We all had a good laugh.

    I don't know how you've lived without a curling iron. You should get a flat iron too. It's fun to change things up every now and then.

    I loved your list, by the way. Thanks for posting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the ballet looks good and be sure you don't look like ducks, keep it tucked.

    ReplyDelete