Friday, March 18, 2011

Neighbors

I didn't take a picture of my curtains today.  I couldn't get my room clean enough.  Maybe tomorrow, but it promises to be a super busy day.  We are having a fundraising pancake breakfast for our Cub Scout Pack early in the morning.  Then we have to run off to some leadership training at our church.  Andi is getting trained and I'm doing some training.  I had the missionaries over tonight to help me get ready.  I'm going to train the other Primary leaders on how to teach children music. 

The missionaries made lots of "interesting" pictures for me.  I'm so grateful for their service.  My neighbor, Toni, even came over and helped us draw.  Speaking of neighbors.  I just LOVE my neighbors.  Yesterday my neighbor Ani got locked out of her house and stayed at my house for hours.  I LOVED it.  We talked all about her life.  It is so fun to talk to young people about their lives.  All I can say is Ani is a wonderful girl.  I told her about my blog.  I hope she starts reading it.

Today I spent some time with my upstairs neighbor.  Her name is Oni.  She has three little girls.  We are both very busy so we don't often get to spend time together.  When we do we sure have fun.  I taught her how to make Chocolate Chip Cookies and now she can't stop.  Her husband LOVES them.  Today she told me about this great film.

Fireproof

I think she was a little disappointed that I'd already seen it.  It really is a great film about marriage.  It stars Kirk Cameron.  I highly recommend it.

I've also been very worried for my sister-in-law who just had a baby.  She had a c-section and she is trying to heal from that.  She is also trying to breastfeed.  I am dying to be there to help her, but alas . . . . what can I do from here.  I'm writing to her and I've called twice.  I'll probably call again.  Please pray for her and her baby that they will get things figured out and that they will get good help and good information.  I do feel hopeful that one of my sisters is going there tomorrow to help her.  We are all doing everything we can. 

By the way, we finally got a copy of our interview.  Andi has to convert into a different format.  Hopefully, it will be ready tomorrow and you can all see it.  Even if you can't understand it you can watch me speaking Albanian and see my cute kids.

4 comments:

  1. I love Fireproof! All the firefighter scenes crack me up. (Bryan was a Chesterfield County Firefighter before he got into vet school.) They are totally like firefighter life. The movie has a great/true message too.

    Is this Clark's wife who had a baby? I hope she gets the hang of breastfeeding. I never could get it down with my first and we flopped. The second was a breeze though, and I loved the whole experience. Breastfeeding is the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just caught up on reading your blog. Lots has been going on for you! I will say a prayer for you since ANdi will be gone more now. I am glad you got to hang out with your neighbors today, it is so nice to have another adult to talk to and laugh with and have fun. The title of the movie you quoted is "Savannah Smiles" I LOVE that movie, did you know it was filmed in Utah? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got it Talena. Yes, I knew it was filmed in Utah. Thanks for the prayers. Sure miss hanging out with you.

    ReplyDelete