Monday, March 21, 2011

Love These Guys

I have been meaning to scan this for a long time, but I just haven't gotten around to it.  I finally remembered today, but Bumbles got to it before me and crinkled it. 

This is a drawing that Sweets drew.  I think it is amazing.  Am I wrong?  I seriously think it looks like Picasso.  I should know because I had Picasso wallpaper for several years.  I just can't get over how artistic it is.  Maybe it's just a mother's perspective.

Yesterday we had District Conference, which is when all the members of our church who live in or district (which is all of Albania) meet together.  Church started an hour later than we are used to so we had a little time to take pictures.
Everyone, except B.D., is wearing something handmade.
Super Jack's sweater is by Mamie.
Bumble's outfit is by my friend in Germany
and I made Sweets' dress.


I thought I'd take a picture of these
two because they were so well
coordinated.
We had to sit through a two hour meeting.  It started off really well.  We sat next to the missionaries that were translating into English.  I got each of my kids a set of earphones so they could understand the talks for once.  Of course, there were a few talks in English by some of our leaders.

It was so cute while it lasted,
which was only about 5 minutes.

We are having a 2 weeks spring break from school.  I'm so excited.  We might even go on a trip to another country.  I'm crossing my fingers for Greece, but I might have to settle for Kosovo. I tried to get all my work done today so I could just be lazy, but alas  . . . . A woman's work is never done.

I even made something yummy for dinner.  You should try it.  I love using my blender.  I forgot I could make interesting salad dressings now.  Romaine and Turkey Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing.  I used chicken, but it was still yummy.  B.D. and Sweets didn't hate it.  Super Jack was not a fan.  I LOVED it.  It was pretty close to a Caesar salad.  Trying to eat more protein and greens.  I think my husband is really enjoying all the meat we've had around here.
Thanks for all your compliments about my interview.  It was fun being on TV, but it is even more fun to watch it.

3 comments:

  1. That Sunday picture is so cute. I need an enlargement of that. Sweets hair turned out really nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should also mention that the Picasso tour is at the VA Museum of Fine Art for a few months, but I already saw it in Seattle. I'm not a big fan, but I did like that wallpaper, and there were some things at the show that really were interesting and even entrancing and not just weird and distorted. The thing about Picasso is the story behind it. Is there a story?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to ask Ada if there is a story.

    I can email you a copy of this picture. I don't know that it would be bigger though.

    ReplyDelete