Friday, March 11, 2011

Triplets and Chocolate

I got to go see the mom with triplets today.  She was so amazing.  I'm so sorry I forgot my camera.  She had two little girls and a little boy.  Her son was wearing a tiger suit and it was so cute.  She was actually doing a great job.  She didn't look completely exhausted, although I'm sure she was. 

The nurses at the hospital gave her babies bottles and they didn't teach her how to nurse.  She is pretty upset about it.  I tried to help the best I could.  Mostly I just tried to be encouraging and told her she was doing a great job.  I let her borrow my old MAYA WRAP Lightly Padded Baby Ring Sling Carrier (MEDIUM - BRIGHT STRIPE) I showed her how to use it and she thought it was amazing.  I also showed her how to latch her baby, but he wasn't very hungry so we didn't make much progress.  She has my number.  I'm sure she will be calling me and I'll be calling her.  In typical Albanian fashion she gave me a huge chocolate bar and a box of chocolates.  When you have a baby here you have to give people chocolate.  I took it and gave it to my kids.  They loved it especially because it isn't a sugar day.  I had to hurry and buy some mandarins.  It is really easy not to eat sugar if you have something else yummy to eat.

Speaking of which, I'm reading this book.

Food Fight! How to Knock Out Overeating


I'm not done, but she is talking about how rats pick sugar water over cocaine.  She uses this as an illustration of how addicitive sugar is.  She is saying that we shouldn't eat sugar.  I'm not sure yet if she means NEVER eat sugar or just be really careful.  I have to say that some of what she is talking about/promoting is a little contradictory.  I'm going to finish the book and give you my final assessment.


One more thing.  I just wanted to post this picture.

Andi, Eli (my MIL), B.D.
I told my MIL that I needed to post a picture of her on my blog because I've mentioned her so many times.  She is probably really happy right now because she left this morning for her first trip EVER to Greece.  Albanians have recently been given permission to travel in Europe without a visa.  She went with some friends and I hope she is living it up.  She works WAY too hard for the money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment