Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Angels for Lana Stocks

I didn't want to get up this morning, but I did.  I didn't want to go out in the cold, but I did.  I didn't want to drive in the snow, but I did.  However, I couldn't make it to the gym because the police had blocked off the road.  After all that I had to turn around and go home.  

I did work out at home with 5 kids.  That didn't work out so well (no pun intended).  I only earned three activity points today.  I think the kids burned up my extra energy playing in the snow and making these.



I saw these from Tutu's bedroom window.  I just thought they were so very beautiful.  I've seen many snow angels, but they've never touched me like this.  I didn't understand it then, but while I was writing this post it hit me.

I heard that a wonderful, vibrant, 67-year-old man, that my parents knew, just died suddenly from a heart attack this morning while he was shoveling snow.  Things like this are just so sad.  I mourn so deeply for people who lose their spouses.  I KNOW that when my baby died there were angels that surrounded me for a very long time.  I KNOW that it was because of all the prayers that people offered in my behalf.  I think my children's snow angels are some of the angels that rushed to earth today to comfort the wife of this dear man.  Let's all make more snow angels tomorrow to send her the comfort she needs.  If you send me a picture I'll put it on my blog tomorrow and hopefully she'll see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment