Friday, January 17, 2014

Thanks for the Pressure

I have been pretty frustrated today.  My clothes feel too tight and I feel like I'm working so hard to get fit.  I'm tired of being uncomfortable in my body and my clothes.

There is only one thing to do.  TRACK MY FOOD.  I didn't want to set it as a New Year's Resolution because I didn't want to do it.  I kept telling myself that I could just restrict my intake without tracking.  Unfortunately, there is just too much of a margin of error when I'm keep things logged in my head.  Every week I say I'll track my food, but I don't.  I even pay $15.95 a month for the privilege of tracking my food and I just don't do it.

The next step is to declare it on my blog that I will track every day.  Now I'm stuck.  The social pressure of disappointing all of you it too great.  Today I was annoyed because I worked out this morning and went grocery shopping and by 8 pm I only had 2 activity points.  I was mad because I knew I had to get 5 because I said I would.  What did I do?  I turned on a video and worked out AGAIN.  You see the power you have over me?  Now I have my 5 points.  I feel fitter and stronger, but not thinner.

Even knowing I would write this tonight helped me restrict my calories more. I know I'm doing a good job of limiting my intake when I go to bed hungry.  I'm starting to feel those hunger pangs.    My future self thanks me.

No comments:

Post a Comment