Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Six Grams

So far I've made it on six grams of sugar.  I thought of picking up a Larabar,
but I thought that would just be giving into my sweet tooth which is what I'm trying to stop doing.

A reader asked me how I measure my sugar intake.  I learned that 1 tsp of sugar is 5 grams of sugar.  With this I can calculate how many grams of sugar are in 1 cup of sugar (240 grams).  So if I bake a batch of cookies the dough would have 240 grams of sugar.  If it makes 24 cookies each cookie would have 10 grams of sugar. (that is if I don't eat any dough).

The reader also mentioned that they had tried to eat no sugar at all and then they went overboard later.  I've done the same. This is why I've tried to adjust it to allow some sugar.  I read that 20 grams is the recommendation for women.  That is why I chose that number.

I got a great suggestion for how to celebrate Valentine's Day without sugar cookies.

Strawberry Flowers

However, I have been thinking for a few years that I should just make a list of the things I love to eat. Perhaps I could then allow myself to indulge in one of those each month.  Do you think I could have a list with only 12 things on it?

My extended family has been trying to coordinate our get togethers.  We get together for Christmas and Thanksgiving, of course.  My mother started holding a Fall Festival a few years ago.  We liked it so much we planned to have a Winter Celebration, a Spring Festival and a Summer Celebration.  We had a successful Summer Celebration and Fall Festival last year.  We will be holding Winter Celebration at my house on February 8th.  I'm nervous that it will be hard to resist all the goodies.  Perhaps I will allow myself to indulge at those celebrations in the future.  As for now I plan to stay strong because I really want to lose this weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment