Monday, January 27, 2014

First Taste

I weighed in today.  I'm down to 151.8.  That's .6 lbs lost.  I know it's not a lot, but it still counts.  Remember that is a little more than two sticks of butter that came off me.  I'll take it.  Plus, my waist is down to 34".  When I was in high school my waste was 26".  My hips and chest are only 3" bigger than they were in high school, but my waste . . . .

I think it stems from my problem with cookie dough.  I LOVE to bake.  In fact, when I was in high school I would come home and bake something after school every day.  I think I kept it up for a year. Back then I could handle the calories, but now, not so much.  I have tried to lose weight after my last 5 pregnancies and every time I do I have to completely stop baking.

However, baking is a great thing to do when there is a holiday coming or it's cold outside and you need something for the kids to do.  Not to mention, when you go to the store and your kids see those disgusting sugar cookies that the grocery stores bake for the holidays, they want some.  I can't stand to buy those cookies.  They're dry, expensive and full of chemicals.  I always think, "sure it would be great to have cute little heart shaped cookies with sprinkles, but I could make them so much better than these."

Well that happened to me last week.  I got some Valentine's sprinkles in preparation for our cookie making.  My kids begged me to do it last week, but I knew I'd eat some and I didn't have the points.  I decided to make them today because my points refresh on Monday.  Let's just say, I ate too much.   I didn't eat too much as far as calories go.  However, I'm sure I'm over my 20 gram limit.  I don't really know how many grams of sugar were in those cookies (one of the problems with making things yourself).  So how should I make restitution?  Should I not eat any sugar at all for the rest of the week?  That would mean I couldn't eat what I usually eat for breakfast.  Let's say I'll only eat 6 grams of sugar per day for the rest of the week.

By the way, I was telling my husband that I hate making cookies because I can't stop eating the dough.  He took a pinch.  He started telling me he could see why I couldn't stop eating it.  He was describing how it melts in your mouth.  I was wondering why he was acting like that.  I asked if he'd ever eaten cookie dough before.  He said that today was his FIRST taste!  WHAT????  Sometimes it is so fun living with an Albanian.  I'm always surprised at what he missed out on.  I wish I had taken a picture, but since I didn't I'll leave these for your viewing pleasure.

I love how Bumbles is just watching her throw a fit.



She's my Rootin' Tutuin' Cowgirl.

1 comment:

  1. They are both super cute! So, I was going to ask how many grams of sugar you allow yourself, but then you mentioned 20 grams in this post. I've been thinking about my own sugar intake lately and I know I definitely eat too much. This morning I had yogurt. I checked the container, 26 grams of sugar. I couldn't believe it. I"m going to have to find some yogurt with far less sugar in it.I don't want to get rid of sugar completely- I know it's in practicdally everything! But I do want to decrease the amount that I do have. I go through phases where I don't eat much, but then I go through phases where I eat a TON of junk, this past week, was one of those phases, which kickstarted me into thinking about just how much sugar I am putting into my body. Anyway, I'm rambling. I do want to know how you know how much sugar you are eating when you back yourself or add say, honey to oatmeal or something. Do you have a calculator that translates how many grams you're eating from teaspoons or tablespoons or something?

    ReplyDelete