Thursday, January 16, 2014

Children's Games

I was surprised to wake up to snow this morning.  I was walking through the kitchen to go to the gym.  I glimpsed the snow out the back door.  I gasped in surprise.  I couldn't believe how excited I was.  I felt like a kid again. We ventured out in all our mismatched snow gear.

Tutu, Super Jack and Bumbles enjoying the snow.

Tutu was thrilled with her first snow.

Except for when Bumbles threw it in her face.

I woke up late again for my workout so I only lifted weights.  I think I pulled a muscle in calf, grrr.  I had a pretty slow day.  My kids were pretty whiny so I didn't get much done.  My husband teaches a Book of Mormon class every Thursday.  I was alone with the three little kids.  Super Jack was kind of whining because he had had a few disappointments today.  He wanted to play a board game.  I keep explaining to him I can't play board games when Tutu is awake.  Then a brilliant idea hit me.  I needed to get moving and the kids needed to be entertained (without using a plug).  

We played "Following the Leader" around the house.  It was great exercise.  I was exercising AND laughing.  I don't know if that has every happened before.  Tutu was entertained by her mommy being silly.  Super Jack and Bumbles were taking turns being the leader.  They came up with some great moves. We were all red faced and breathless in the end.  I think I'll be adding that to my workout routine permanently.  For our cool down we played a little "Simon Says".  They fell asleep in a flash.  There are too many good things about running around with kiddos to write them all down.


No comments:

Post a Comment