Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My Future Self

I had a hard time getting 5 points yesterday. I basically did a second workout walking around my house and doing kicks and such for a long time.  I was watching "My 600-lb life" so that kept me moving ;).

I didn't want to stay up just to get my exercise in today.  I went to the gym, which I also did yesterday, but when I got home I kept moving.  I cleaned up the kitchen and even mopped the floor.  I also cleaned and vacuumed the living room and the stairs.  By 3:00 pm I had earned 5 points.  Now I'm up to 7 for today.

I have to say that cleaning my house was almost more enjoyable than working out on the elliptical machine. Next time your house needs a good cleaning just think about all the calories you'll burn and maybe it will motivate you.

Or maybe just knowing my house is clean will motivate you to clean your house.  That's what this guy said.

How_behavioral_science_can_lower_your_energy_bill.

I was pretty upset after stepping on the scale this morning the numbers were going the wrong way.  I have found over many years of trying to lose weight that eating less and well is MUCH more important than how much I work out.  However, I keep hoping that I can workout enough to be able to eat whatever I want.  (not working so far).  So today I redoubled my efforts to restrict my calories.  Listening to this TED talk really helped me get some perspective.

The_battle_between_your_present_and_future_self

I plan to be kinder to my future self.

No comments:

Post a Comment