Friday, January 10, 2014

Oh My Darlin'

I did get my workout in this morning.  I even had a nice conversation with a stranger at the "Y".  But then I came home to this.


Guess what I did.  That's right, I threw it in the garbage.  It looked so at home in there.

I have to confess that I've been having a really hard time with Bumbles for awhile.  He really fights me about taking naps, but he's only 3 so I'm not giving up.  Plus, he also has night terrors and if he doesn't take a nap he will definitely have night terrors.  If he takes a nap that usually means he'll sleep well.  He has also wet his bed twice in a row the last two days.  I'm always trying to find a peaceful way to help him be happier and more cooperative.  Once again, thanks to my mother, I might have found it.  Here it is . . .

Children's Music

We've had the book on the left for many years, but the two white books are ones my mother just gave us yesterday.  She is trying to disperse some of her collections amongst her family members and she gave her music to me!  Yesterday we looked at them a little, but today we had a major sing along.  All the kids got involved.  I said we'd only sing one or two from each book, but we basically sang everyone I knew.  Our very favorite and the one we sang the loudest was "Oh My Darlin' Clementine".  Bumbles has liked that song for awhile.  After my voice wore out Bumbles went to bed without a fight.  Ok, he didn't sleep, but he did lay peacefully in his bed.

Then I went to the store for my weekly shopping and saw these.


One of our favorite God Candies

This isn't normally the brand I buy, but under the circumstances I just had to get them.

I didn't eat any sugar at all today until 7:00 when I enjoyed TWO Mafishe.  They were so delicious and very worth the wait.  The batch I made had 1 cup of sugar which comes out to 48 teaspoons of sugar.  This came out to 10 grams of sugar per cookie.  I had TWO.  I have to say this 20 grams thing is really quite nice.  It's nice to give yourself a limit.  The other side effect is that my mouth always feels clean.

BTW, we had a lot of soda left over from our get together last night.  I looked at the labels.  Did you know that 8 ozs of soda has 35 grams of sugar?  You can't even have a whole glass and stay under the limit.  Interestingly, juice has about 25-30 grams of sugar.  Just something to think about.  



No comments:

Post a Comment