Friday, January 24, 2014

The Dinner Table

I was good about restricting my calories today.  I didn't even eat 20 grams of sugar because I couldn't fit in the calories.  I have also earned 6 points for the last 2 days.

I'm speaking at my church on Sunday.  The topic is "personal righteousness".  I've been pondering on this for the last three days.  Strangely this talk

Compassion at the Dinner Table

about a dinner table really inspired me.  James Forbes talks about how he learned about compassion at his family dinner table.  If we all had dinners like Rev. Forbes perhaps this country wouldn't have an obesity problem or a poverty problem.

This is what we had at our family table tonight.


It's from my favorite book. French Kids Eat Everything.  It's a crustless quiche.  It's easy and tasty and healthy.  I LOVE it.

No comments:

Post a Comment