Thursday, January 23, 2014

Redefined Selfies

I watched this Dove commercial today.

Redefine Beauty Through Selfies

 Dove had mothers and daughters take selfies.  Then those self portraits were hung in an art gallery where people left comments. Interestingly, the things that these women and girls didn't like about themselves were the things that others thought made them beautiful.

I took some selfies.


Muffins Anyone?  This is my least favorite part of my body.  I dare you to find a way to compliment it.  I'm just working hard to make it go away.



This is my second least favorite part of me - my dark circles.  I've tried plenty of things to make them go away, but they are here to stay.  Once again, convince me there is something beautiful about them.

That being said, I know there is much more to me than my muffin top and my dark circles.  I just accept them and focus on all the other things I like about me. 

I had to go to the store today, which is always dangerous.  I took three of my kids, which makes it more dangerous.  They begged me for Valentine's cookies.  I said, "No!"  But I did let them get some Conversation Hearts that were in little boxes.  I don't even care about those.  I also got some Twix Minis.  They were the lowest in sugar of the ones I looked at.  Each mini Twix had 5 grams of sugar.  I had two.  It was a nice little treat.

I am doing very well at only eating 20 grams of sugar and tracking my intake and exercising.  The hardest part still is just not overeating all the nonsugaric foods.  Tonight I made a recipe from this book I got for Christmas.


It was so yummy.  I really had to work hard to stop eating "Jen's Lakehouse Enchiladas".  I had a few extra kids over and I was glad they cleaned the pan.

Tutu's Selfie - Now THAT'S Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment