Monday, January 6, 2014

Resolved

I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for the moment when I could sit down and write on my blog today.  The moment is here and already I'm being called away  . . . . One minute please.

Okay here's what I've decided.

My resolution is

1. I will only eat 20 grams of added sugar a day - per the recommendation for women.  This is only 5 teaspoons of sugar.

2. I will earn 5 activity points a day on my activelink (a weight watchers activity monitor) - today I earned 7!  I went for 7 miles on the elliptical and then did this with my family tonight.

This is a place called Jumpology.  They have Family Night every Monday.  It's only $35 for a family of 6.  We had a lot of fun.  I was nervous to jump, but I did and even did a few of my old tricks.  http://www.jumpology.us/

3. I also have had two messages already this new year that have reminded me that the key to overcoming any of our weaknesses- like overeating - is to rely on God.  Therefore, this will be my tactic to gain the strength I need to overcome my sugar addition - just like in AA.

4. Sweets also challenged me to get fit by the time I turn 40.  Fit by 40 is my mantra this year.  I'm so excited about it.

I was very reluctant, but I measured my waist this morning and it was 36 INCHES!!!!  This is not cool, but at least now I have my starting point.  I also weigh 157 lbs.  So watch with me as those numbers both melt away.  I weigh and measure every Monday.

I also thought of a code name for baby #6 which I can't reveal until Wednesday.


1 comment:

  1. I'm doing a health challenge this month and am excited to see myself melt away as well. Good luck! (I love your blog!)

    ReplyDelete