Monday, February 7, 2011

B.D. and Bubbles

I am soooo excited for my mom to come tomorrow.  I can't wait to see her.  I hear she's lost a lot of weight.  Plus, I am just excited for her to be here being my mom.  When my mom comes it feels like I'm little again and some of the weight of the world gets lifted off my shoulder.  The last time she was here I had just had a baby and surgery.  Needless to say, I wasn't much fun.  I'm ready to be fun!  Just hurry up and get here, MOM!

We had a pretty low key day which was GREAT.  The kids kept coming in the house saying they were bored.  Little do they know I love to hear them say that.  I think it is good for kids to be bored.  B.D. was trying to convince me he needed new toys.  Frankly, our cup runneth over and we have no room for anything else.  Not to mention my kids never play with their toys anyway.  Maybe a few balls and their skates, but that's about it.  Speaking of which Sweets's birthday is coming up and I have to buy here something.  I'm thinking of walkie talkies because we have two, but the kids have a hard time sharing them.

Since B.D. was looking lonely and miserable I decided I'd help him out a tiny bit.  I suggested we work on some of his scout stuff.  I read him the list of what we still needed to do.  We went for the "weather" items because Mamie sent a new Weather book for Christmas.  We had lots of fun readying the poster and the history of meteorology.  I love that boy.  He gets so excited about any new information.  He remembers things like nobodies business.  He notices everything.  I'm trying really hard to be kinder to him and not be annoyed by his know-it-all-ness.  He really just cares about everything and that's not bad.  I can tell he is trying really hard to be a good person.

It helped me on Sunday when two of our friends (they are sisters) came to Primary.  They went on and on about how WONDERFUL B.D. is and how they want to have a son just like him.  It is true.  He is wonderful!  Once we finished with weather, Super Jack and Bumbles woke up.  I decided we should go for a walk.

We put Bumbles in the backpack and off we went.  With Super Jack in his cowboy hat and Bumbles in the backpack we were quite the side show.  Albanians don't use baby backpacks.  Everyone that we pass stared at us.  I can see them counting my kids.  Then they look at each other and say, "FOUR?"  I realized that they must think I'm some kind of super hero.  I was feeling pretty super with my super kids.

Sweets has really been wanting to get bubbles for a long time.  We finally got some today, but we only had enough money to buy two.  B.D. was sad, but he was trying to be brave.
It was a lovely walk, but I wanted to hurry home because Bumbles was getting heavy.  However, before we left I just wanted to show you some of the "pitfalls" of walking or driving in Albania.

These are everywhere. Watch your step.
Then when we got home we had some of the local wildlife waiting for us.

We have lots of these around here too, in many shapes and sizes.

2 comments:

  1. B.D. does look so sad in that picture. I loved reading about all of the wonderful things about him. You have good kids. I miss them. Do they even remember me? Do they remember the stories I used to make up and tell to them?

    ReplyDelete