Friday, February 18, 2011

Progress Report

My dear mother has worked her self to death today.  We finished the curtains for the bedrooms.  I can show the boys and Sweets' room, but not my room.  My mom finished my curtains, but I had a little mishap and pulled the curtain rod out of the wall.  Andi is going to fix it soon, but you and I will have to wait.

Are you ready?

Sweet's room - a little messy, but you'll forgive me if you
keep reading.

The boys' room
We also finished the compost bin.

B.D. built this a few days ago, but it took us a long time
to shred the newspaper.
And B.D. finished his drawing.

We did work on my secret project, but I need to practice a few things before I will have anything to show you.  I also have instructions on how to make the curtains for the front room.  Plus, the fabric we found for the valances is no longer available so I have to wait for my mom to send me some from Austria or the US. 

Mind you we did all of this while we had two sick little boys.



Add caption
This meant that I had to hold Bumbles all day and my mom did all the work.  Although Andi did hold him for awhile while I hemmed the boys' curtain.

I guess I'd better go help my mom set up a blog.  A woman's work is never done.

5 comments:

  1. you have been very busy!!
    recommendation for the compost bin... remove the bottom, or just flip it. You want worms to have access to it... right now rodents and bugs only have access. You really want the worms. Dig a little pit (I know it will be hard for BD to only dig a shallow one =}) and put food scraps in it. Cover it with some soil/dirt... and then start piling. If the food gets stinky add dirt to cover. Do you have access to straw? It is a great source of brown. And coffee grounds are great to add to the pile... they heat it up and hasten the process. I'm sure you know people that drink coffee =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the curtains in Sweet's room. So girly. I am sorry all the kiddos have been sick I hope you don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.K. I just have to say...i have always loved your taste and fashion and color choices in your home. you just pull it together so well. i wish i could do what you do. it is so perfect. i am still always shocked at how big Bekim and Ada are. It's just not fair to have them grow up without me. you are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted but it disappeared. The curtains look great! I bet you have loved having your mom there. Mom's make everything better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kari Ann. You know I don't have any idea what I'm doing.

    Amber, what are you talking about? I have no style whatsoever. Design and fashion to me are like physics and chemistry to most people. I get a LOT of imput from my mom and sisters. I have a disability. ;-) But thank you. Your sweet.

    ReplyDelete