Thursday, February 3, 2011

Nuts

I am SUPER stressed out about the political situation.  This is not helping me be a good mom or a good non-sugaric.

We went to our usual botanical garden playgroup, which helped.  I love talking to other moms.  While we were there one of the boys started eating dried apples.  He shared a few with my kids.  Sweets LOVED them.  She begged me to drop everything and go buy her some.  We asked where they got them and they told us they got them at a store at the mall.  (which is far away).  We got home and found that our electricity was out.  The only reason I needed to be home was to do laundry and ironing.  So . . . . . we went to the mall.

We bought Super Jack some new pants!  I looked for something new for me.  I even tried a few things on, but I still felt too fat.

We went looking for peanut butter, but instead we found THESE!

Pecans!
I couldn't believe it.  I had to buy a pound.  That was a big mistake.  I can't stop eating them.  I asked the salesperson what they are called.  She said they call them, American Walnuts.  I thought that was a great name.

We also got these.

Peanuts with Sesame Seeds
I don't know why, but these are REALLY tempting me.  I have ALMOST eaten one so many times this afternoon.  I guess it must be the political stress.  I ate a piece of toast with jam and way too many pecans. 

I feel guilty and fat.  However, tomorrow is a new day and I can do better tomorrow.  Right now my neighbor is coming over so I can show her how Weight Watchers works.  Maybe that will be a good restart for me. I usually do much better on Weight Watchers.  I think the problem is that my internet is REALLY slow and it takes too long to look things up and record my food.  I don't have a lot of time with 4 little ones.  My husband is working on getting me better internet. Oh, and I did buy Sweets some dried apples.

An EU delegation was here today to try to calm things down.  It doesn't seem like it worked.  There will be protests in 4 cities tomorrow.  I'm nervous.  Please pray for peace in Albania.

2 comments:

  1. You are certainly in our prayers. I wish there was more we could do. Please please be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time i read your blog, I want to go eat some nuts. I'm praying for Albania.

    ReplyDelete