Saturday, February 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Sweets!

We had another exhausting day!  My day began at 7:00 a.m.  As I said, I got Bumbles and Super Jack dressed first. Then I went straight to frosting my mint chocolate cake and added pearl sprinkles (you'll see a picture in a minute). I took a shower and hustled my mom to come shopping with me.  We took Bumbles too.

We hit every mall in town and found the right store and all the things we needed - in Albania!!!!  Wooohoooo!  Then we had to go all the way to City Park to get the watch Sweets wanted for her birthday.  It was actually her present from her Gjyshja, but Gjyshja doesn't have a car and she works on Saturdays.  We also got some food for the party and . . . .

I got to take my mom to the awesome German store.  There is lots of healthy food there, but I don't know what any of it is.  She translated it all for me. Turns out Germans eat a lot of millet!  I'm so excited. I got millet pretzels.   I never would have figured that out myself. 

We had to hurry home only to get stuck in traffic.  We did make it home in time for the party.  Mom made guacamole.  I just tried to keep Bumbles happy.  It was a lovely party, but I'll let you see for yourselves.  You should know that Sweets's birthday is actually on Monday so I didn't let her open her watch.  I'm saving it for tomorrow at Gjyshja's house (Gjyshja - means grandma in Albanian).


The cake
(I know I need a better cake plate)

She is wearing the dress Mamie gave her
P.S. I didn't even lick my fingers while making or serving it.  It was REALLY hard especially when the kids left so much of their cakes on their plates.   What a CRIME.  However, Mom and I cleaned up the plate (not with our mouths). We wrapped up what was left of the cake to take to my in-laws.  It is amazing how food in the refrigerator or wrapped in tinfoil just isn't as appetizing.

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! Happy Birthday Ada! I have been thinking of you today adn wondering if my baby will be born on your birthday ;) I am excited to see the curtains!

    ReplyDelete