Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Questions from a Non-Sugaric

My friend sent me this.  He tried to post it on this blog, but it didn't work.  I'll post it for him
 
 
 
"Hi Angela... you probably know by now that I’m not eating any sugar too and the thing is that instead of dropping some weight I’m gaining weight and Andi said that you might have something to say about that too? 
The 1-million Lek question is “ did the sugar keep my weight under control or what?”

Anyway I’m holding you accountable for inspiring me to give up sugar and gain weight, only joking…
I’m only trying to figure out how is that possible and thought you might know something about it…
take care
 
Marion the Magnificent Mormon Meat Man"
 
Okay he didn't sign it like that, but I love that title.
 
Dear Marion,
 
All I can tell you is that you are probably eating more of something else.  I have had that same problem.  Let me give you an example.  Today the LDS missionaries were coming over to my house.  I wanted to do something nice for them.  I decided that I'd make my "Denise Call Chocolate Chip Cookies".
 
B.D. chopped up the chocolate

 
Super Jack helped me stir and Sweets ate lots of cookie dough.  My mouth was watering, but I resisted eating the cookie dough.  However, I ate a bowl of muesli and almonds and pasta and a banana and. . . . you get my point.
 
I sent almost all the cookies home with my neighbor and the missionaries.  I did leave a few for the kids.  They didn't eat them all.  This one was just tempting me so I took a picture so it could tempt you too.
 

In short Marion we both have to find some way to "celebrate" or "reward" ourselves without overeating.  Whether it is sugar or something else.  There is more to eating healthy than just not eating sugar.  I'm going to try (starting next week) to be sure to eat 3 fruits and 4 veggies every day.  This I know really helps me feel full and makes it harder to over eat.  Do you want to join me on this new challenge?
 
 
Denise Call Chocolate Chip Cookies
 
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups oats
chocolate chips to taste
 
Cream butter and both sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla.  In separate bowl combine flour through salt.  Mix well.  Add oats and chocolate chips.  Bake at 350 degrees fro 10 minutes!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you posted the recipe... I was gonna ask. :) P.S. I'm gonna try to limit my sugar to two days a week (Wednesdays and Saturdays)... I know, lame, right? I figure it will be at least good to cut back on it. You will be happy to know though that though I may not eat 3 servings of fruit and 4 servings of veggies each day, that I do eat quite a bit of both. Wish me luck! I'm just starting this new "sugar days" lifestyle today- I'm hoping to make it last through the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly think I'd whither up and blow away without sugar, or really carbs. My body craves it. I think it has something to do with being predisposed to diabetes. That's the only conclusion I can come up with. It's why I make sure I lose all my weight after every baby. If I ever get big, I'll be a diabetic for sure. I think that's why I keep checking your blog everyday. I'm so stinking proud of you.

    ReplyDelete