Sunday, February 13, 2011

Party Girl

My mother must think all we do is party.  We went to Gjyshja's house after church for a delicious "dreke".  I couldn't get enough of the cabbage salad, strawberries and black olives, but eventually my stomach rebelled.  I was kind of stuffing myself on purpose because I saw the big torte my MIL had waiting.  Out came the torte.  We sang to Sweets again.  Then my MIL asked me to serve the cake.  Well, okay . . .   I got it all over my fingers, but I didn't lick them.  Those tortes aren't really that yummy anyway - not when you're used to the things I usually bake ;-P

Super Jack was super cranky and Bumbles really needed a nap, as did Andi.  We headed home to relax for a short time.  I guess every one relaxed for a good long while other than me.  I had to do some things to get ready for primary next week, translate a recipe my husband's cousin's wife who had asked for it months ago (don't get too excited I did get some help from google translate), and bake that self same cake for that same cousin's brother and family who were coming over (are you confused yet?).

The kids love to help me bake.


Sweets is wearing her new watch and bracelets
 The cake looked delicious.  Andi had to take the leftovers to his cousin's so I wouldn't eat it.  The hardest part is scraping what the kids didn't eat into the trash (normally I would just eat it). 



By the way, I love this pan.  If you want to try one go here :Wilton Silicone Ultra-flex Silicone Bakeware Set Cake Pan, Loaf Pan, Muffin Pan.  I also love this pie server Pampered Chef - Slice 'N Serve # 1165.

The weird thing is I don't really think about sugar much unless it is in my face.  I do miss baked goods, but usually a bowl of muesli satisfies that craving.  I'm REALLY digging muesli.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angela! Oh my gosh you live in Albania now?!!! That is so fun and amazing all at the same time! What a fun adventure. We are going to have a little adventure for ourselves coming up here, we are moving to Iowa. I know its not Albania but it will be an experience for us. It is so fun to read about all that is going on with you guys and what you're doing. How long will you be there for? Ok girl cant wait to read more. Stay in touch. Heidi

    ReplyDelete