Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Life is Good

Today did not start out so well.  I got up late, which is never good.  We had breakfast and did our chores then I went to put Bumbles to sleep.  You see, I read this book . . .
Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: How to Calm, Connect, and Communicate with Your Baby

on my favorite Christmas present EVER.


NOOKcolor eBook Tablet

I'd have to say for the most part that a lot of what she says is just made up stuff.  For example, she says that thumb sucking does not cause buck teeth.  However, I am looking for help in getting Bumbles to go to sleep faster and stay asleep longer.  She had some good tips on how to get babies to fall asleep in their beds without nursing to sleep.  I tried it yesterday and it worked pretty good.  I thought it would work as well today, but . . . . . . . not even close.  I struggled to get Bumbles to sleep for an hour and a half.  Finally, I was getting too upset so I just gave up.

In fact, I gave Bumbles to B.D. and closed myself in the laundry room and texted my husband that I was losing my mind.  He suggested I go curtain shopping.  That was exactly the right thing to say.  We headed out the door and began our curtain shopping marathon.  Mom and I schlept 4 kids all over town and looked at several curtain shops.

When we were exhausted, we headed home.  When we got home I started making dinner.  While I was making dinner Super Jack fell outside and had a big fat lip.  B.D. ran off to get him an ice cream.  Bumbles was so fussy because he hadn't slept all day.  I let him fall asleep in my arms for a short nap.  Then Sweets took over.



He only slept for 20 minutes, but it was fun while it lasted.  Needless to say I couldn't wait for Andi to get home. 

He did finally get home.  We had dinner.  I put Bumbles to sleep.  THEN I asked Andi if Mom and I could sneak off and do some more curtain shopping without the kids.  He said YES!!  (He was on a roll today).  I can't tell you how badly I needed to just not be with my kids for a little while.  It was so refreshing.  We even found a great curtain shop. 

So after one day we pretty much know which curtains we will be using.  We just need to wait until we have daylight to make sure the colors look good.  AND if that wasn't enough . . . . I got HIGH SPEED internet today!!!!!  Life is good.

4 comments:

  1. Yea for the Nook color! We got one for Christmas too and it ROCKS!
    you know I sucked my fingers until I was 11 and my sister sucked her thumb until she was 9 and we both have perfect bites and have never had orthodantia(spl?) also my step sister sucked her fingers until she was 6 and only had braces because her bite was too small. It must be a case to case thing.
    Also good luck with the curtains and having your wonderful mother to help must be so awesome. She is such a great lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you looked at the Sleep Easy Solution? I don't remember if it covers daytime sleep, because that's not the department we struggled in, but it was super helpful in getting Bubba to sleep longer at night. It actually gave a plan for night weaning, which maybe you're not worried about, but it was exactly what I needed. I really liked The No-Cry Sleep Solution books, but that process was a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't want to ask me for sleeping advice. How old is he? At nine months I cut them off. They just get laid down, and then I walk away and let them cry. I come back ten minutes later. All my kids got the hang of this in two days, except for one. He didn't lseep through the night until he was 18 months old. Stubborn boy! Have fun with your mom.

    Ps: I sucked my pointer and middle finger until I was six and my teeth are perfect. But sucking a thumb is much different. I've seen kids who did this and they're teeth are very messed up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea I had so many friends who sucked their fingers/thumbs.

    ReplyDelete