Friday, February 11, 2011

Cheap Curtains

We walked all over Tirana today and I'm exhausted.  We went to two curtain shops and they were both closed.  We had borrowed some samples from one of the stores that we really wanted to return.  We decided to do a little birthday shopping for Sweets while we waited.  Bumbles was really tired and was refusing to go to sleep.  I was visibly frustrated.  While I was struggling with Bumbles my mom saw a shop that had kids clothes.  I sent her off with B.D. to translate. 

She wasn't gone long.  She didn't see any sweaters for Sweets, but she did see lots of curtain fabric.  I was still struggling with Bumbles so we kept walking to try to get him to sleep.  A short way off Bumbles FINALLY fell asleep.  A few steps further we found a cute red sweater for Sweets that was the right price. 

We turned back around to see if the curtain shop was open.  It wasn't.  So I went to look at the curtains my mom saw in the open shop.  THEY WERE SO CHEAP.  We were able to buy curtains for my room and the boys room.  We would have bought curtains for the living room, but the fabric was so new they hadn't priced it yet.  They told us to come back on Monday.

I'm so excited!!!!  Tomorrow we will buy curtain rods.  I just didn't think it could happen so quickly.  I didn't even realize how exhausted I was until we had been home for an hour and a half.  Bumbles didn't want to go to bed at his usual time and I just couldn't take care of him any longer.  I told Sweets to take over.

She was happy to help.  While I was relaxing in my IKEA chair Bumbles started doing this

Standing

He was pretty pleased with himself
Andi finally came home and rescued me.  Bumbles finally went to sleep.  But . . . I still needed to bake Sweet's birthday cake - chocolate mint - my favorite!

My mother can confirm that I didn't even take a lick.

2 comments:

  1. Go Angela! Way to stay strong. Seriously way to stick to your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do the curtains look like? I can't wait to see! :)

    ReplyDelete