Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Bread of Life

We have this little shop where we like to go get treats.  It is called, "Buke e Jetes".  It means "The Bread of Life".  There is one treat that my husband especially loves.  It is called Mafishe (I think that is how you spell it).  We hadn't been there in awhile (much to my relief), but today we went.

It was hard to take a good picture because
there was a light in front of them.
I think in America we call them meringues.  Let me tell you it was really hard to walk into that store with all of those treats.  Sweets and Super Jack  picked these little chocolate balls with sprinkles.  My mouth was watering then and it is watering now as I type this.  I was really struggling.  They did have some "diabetic" snacks there too, but then I realized I couldn't even get those because I started WW and I can't just eat whatever.  I did make it out of the store without getting a treat.  I also watched my family eating treats and didn't indulge.

Interestingly the chocolate balls had some kind of cake center that no one liked.  I kept asking people to tell me what they tasted like.  The only description I got was "weird".  It was driving me crazy.  I just wanted to taste one.  No one could blame me for just wanting to know what they tasted like.  But I held strong.  Who knows what they tasted like, but I guess I didn't miss anything.  I was dying for something sweet so I ate a banana.  Looking back I'm so glad I didn't give in. 

It was hard getting back on the WW saddle again.  I found out that dried figs are 1 point each! No wonder I haven't been losing very much weight!  When I saw how many points I get to eat on the new program I thought I would be stuffed.  Turns out I've been a big pig and even with high points it was hard to behave myself.

I love WW!  I love to mark off all the little "healthy guidelines" boxes.  I seriously think of those boxes constantly and what I can do to fill another one in.  I'm just so into filling out forms.  I know it is crazy.  Blame my 4 years as a secretary if you'd like (I loved it before I was ever a secretary).

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Angela! You've almost made it through all of January. One of the other blogs I follow posted a month without sugar challenge. The author hasn't had refined sugar since March. If you haven't seen it already I thought you might be interested in it.

    http://kamisniche.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete