Friday, January 7, 2011

Changes

1. My waist was 36 1/2" this morning.  It is probably bigger now because I ate too much bread and not enough veggies today. 
2. My weight was down 158.8 lbs. 
3. I didn't have a terrible headache today just a very mild one. 
4. I don't have to tell my kids to clean their faces all the time.
5. I have a more steady mood.
6. My bowels are healthier (sorry that was the most delicate way I could think to say that).
7. My kids are willing to try more things. (Sweets tried smashed strawberries on her pancakes this morning.  Then she said she'd try smashed bananas tomorrow).
8. We are spending more time together.  It's as if we are teaming up trying to find ways to enjoy life without sugar or something.

As I mentioned we had pancakes again this morning courtesy of B.D. He had my two non-sugaric pancakes waiting for me when I got up.  We tried them with smashed strawberries.  The kids loved them. 

For lunch we had peanut butter sandwiches.  I let the kids use honey.  I ate mine with bananas.

The kids were really excited today because after a 2 week break they got to go back to ballet.  B.D. and Sweets both take ballet with a group of "foreign" kids.  Lots of these kids are half Albanian like my kids.  We have found it is a good way to get a little exercise and make some friends. 

The only problem is that when it is cold or raining there is no place for me to wait for them with Super Jack and Bumbles.  If the weather is nice we sit outside with the other moms, but if the weather is bad they sit inside a cafe where there is lots of smoke and I can't stand it.  On those days Super Jack, Bumbles and I either go shopping or hang out in the car.

I must confess that usually Super Jack and I have a treat while we wait for B.D. and Sweets.  They usually look something like this.

When I asked the ladies if I could take a picture of their goodies they acted like I was weird to ask.  Then as I was walking out of the store I could hear them saying (in Albanian).  She is foreign.  Can you believe how well she speaks Albania?!  I love that :-)
I just had to go in the shop and take a picture so you know what kinds of temptations I face.  Super Jack pointed at several things he wanted me to get.  I kept telling him they had sugar.  He kept looking around.  We were going to get some rolls and then . . . . .  Super Jack spied something which made us both smile.

This is why my waist will be bigger in the morning
It is amazing how braiding bread can make it taste so delicious!  When we went to sit down with the other moms the other kids were so jealous of Super Jack's treat.  After eating about half of it he did finally share some with the other kids.

4 comments:

  1. do you count honey as sugar? even though it is natural? or is there sugar in honey over there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try putting the mashed fruit in the pancake batter, see how different fruits work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey and sugar are pretty much the same chemically. I'm not looking for a sugar substitute, but i might have a peanut butter and honey sandwich if we get some pure honey.

    Good idea shauna



    Ch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture with the braided bread ring. So cute! Also, I love reading about your journey...

    ReplyDelete