Thursday, January 27, 2011

Top Priority

It was a sugar day!  My kids wouldn't let me forget.  We tried to get to the store to buy some chocolate before we went to our usual playgroup at the botanical garden, but we just didn't have time. (Plus, I just don't want sugar to be the #1 priority of my kids' lives).  We had fun at the botanical garden, but I have never seen Super Jack walk so fast when I told him it was time to go.  (He was ready for some chocolate!)

We did a little shopping and my kids were being so helpful.  Saying things like, "Mommy, what can I get for you.  What's next."  They were so excited.  They were focused on the goal.

They each picked a Snickers
It is interesting that they go for the chocolate now that I restrict their sugar intake.  They used to pick non-chocolate candy.  I have to say I miss chocolate and homemade cookies more than anything else.  So I got this . . . .
Were you scared it was chocolate?
I have to say I was a little more than excited that it had flax seeds in it.  I plan to have it for breakfast and I can't wait. 

One of my dear friends made some of my favorite food for us so my sister could try it. (Side Note: My sister has not made it home yet :-(.  She is stuck in New York because of the snowfall in VA.)
Byrek
me Presh (with leeks)
So Yummy!

Please pray for Albania.  Tomorrow there will be another protest.  The protesters are saying that it will be nonviolent, but how can you guarantee what tens of thousands of people will do?  Pray that a peaceful solution will be found that will put Albania on the real track to freedom and democracy.

4 comments:

  1. Goodness! Byrek me leeks is my favorite! And Albania is in our prayers. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of the candy bar rack brings tears to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so great to hear from Motra Cox and Motra Flake. Albania is missing you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are praying for Albania too. Those Byreks look yummy!

    ReplyDelete