Wednesday, January 19, 2011

On Your Feet

Today while I was nursing Bumbles I was reading an article in

 Consumer Reports (1-year auto-renewal)

entitled "Lose Weight, stay active" in which they recommended that we spend less than 5 hours sitting every day.  So today I tried to stay on my feet.  Here is what I did.


1. Ironed a bunch of my husband's shirts
2. Did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen
3. Folded laundry and put it away
4. Folded diapers
5. Started a load of laundry and put it in the dryer
6. Held Bumbles while standing
7. Taught a few homeschool lessons to B.D.
8. Went for a walk by the lake


Okay we're sitting, but I had to feed Bumbles.
We got right back on our feet.
Then we went down to Andi's office so Maddie could speak to her husband on Skype (our internet is too slow). Of course, whenever we go to Andi's office we have to get crepes.  We got 4 crepes with Nutella, one with chocolate and banana and one vegetarian.  Which one do you think I ate?  It was yummy.  Too much cheese and not enough veggies, but next time I'll have them switch that.

I even had to help Super Jack eat his.  Some of the Nutella dripped on my fingers, but I held strong and wiped it off with a napkin, not my tongue.  There were lots of leftovers so I wrapped them up in tin foil so I didn't have to look at them.

I think I measured my waist correctly this morning and it was 35 1/2".  I am dying to read    Flat Belly Diet!

I've ordered it for my e-reader, but B&N is having problems so I haven't been able to download it yet.  Apparently, they were not prepared for the success of the NookColor, go figure.

2 comments:

  1. Only 5 hours a day sitting... interesting concept. I'm guessing this refers to the hours we are awake. What are you going to do tomorrow, now that the ironing is done... does BD stand while you teach him =D

    LOVE reading and seeing your adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to hold strong not licking your finger! You might call me crazy but I don't like Nutella, but I probably would have still licked it. lol I am trying to spend most of my time sitting lately but that will change as soon as this baby comes!

    ReplyDelete