Saturday, January 1, 2011

No More Sugar for Me

My New Year's Resolution is that I will not eat any added sugar this year. That is right!  No candy, cookies, cakes or anything like unto it.  I am a sugaric (my term for addicted to sugar).  I don't like sugaraholic because that has kind of become a joke.  I'm seriously addicted to sugar.  Some days I only eat sugar.  It is making me sick and I'm sick of it. 

 I'm also determined to not eat sugar for another reason. I live in Albania and I am a member of "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints".  There are several people here who have taken the discussions and believe many of the principles of the gospel, but they can't give up their alcohol.  I imagine it must be very hard to give alcohol up so I'm giving up sugar to see what it might be like to give up something that you love.


Our Candy Party

I wanted to start this blog to hold myself to account.  So each day I will report here how my day went.  Today was difficult.  We were suppose to have a big "Candy Party" yesterday to get rid of all the candy in the house.  We were going to make a gingerbread house.  However, yesterday when I made the dough I read that it had to chill for 3 hours.  So we had to have our party today.  I just watched.  I didn't even snitch any dough when I was making the gingerbread house.  I'm pretty proud of myself. Tomorrow should be easier!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds really hard! I am glad you stuck to it :) I did not have my usual hot chocolate today. Hooray for both of us.

    ReplyDelete